Other types of certificates

The following documentation is also available for students to confirm awards, marks and other academic information, in addition to the academic status letters and award certificates.

Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)

The Higher Education Achievement Report can be used to:

  • confirm achievement of an award (award verification)
  • confirm marks and grades (transcript)
  • confirm other university activities and achievements.


  • Refer to the myUWE guidance in case of queries – eg if your HEAR is not accurate.
  • The HEAR must be downloaded within 42 days of confirmation of your award. It is not possible for UWE Bristol to produce a copy of the HEAR once this deadline has passed.
  • The HEAR can be used in lieu of an award certificate or certificate of credit while you are waiting for your award certificates to arrive.

It is vital that the HEAR is downloaded while it is available. After 42 days it is not possible for the HEAR to be reproduced in any form.

Notification of Credit and Assessment Marks (NOCAM)

Following publication of results you can print a NOCAM from myUWE. This is a formal document confirming your module marks after each academic session. This information is also in the HEAR, but provides you with a quick way of providing module results to sponsors and employers.

Verification letter

This is a letter that confirms your award achieved and date.

Example verification letter (PDF)

Typical wording:

"This is to confirm that [INSERT NAME] has been awarded a GRADUATE DIPLOMA with Merit in Building surveying on 19 February 2017 after study at the UWE Bristol."

Students should request a verification letter in the following circumstances:

  • The HEAR is unavailable and the student is unable to wait for their certificate (see below). Please note: turnaround times during peak periods (May to August) can be up to ten days, so by the time a letter is produced your certificates may have arrived.
  • Confirmation of an award is urgently needed and the official certificates have not been received. Please contact an Information Point.

CPD certificates

Students on Continuing Professional Development courses, for example only studying one module, do not receive an award certificate. However, you can request a copy of your certificate of credit following results publication.

Please complete our online enquiry form and a certificate of credit will be produced for you.

Graduate Development Programme (GDP) certificate

The Graduate Development Programme was discontinued in 2013.

Students who completed the GDP before 2013 can apply for a copy of their certificate, by emailing an Information Point at infopoint@uwe.ac.uk.

Council Tax certificate

Full-time students can print a Council Tax certificate from myUWE. The myUWE Council Tax Certificate includes a unique hyperlink which councils can use to verify that the certificate has been produced by myUWE. Please refer to government guidance to check if you are eligible for exemption. Degree Apprenticeship students are not usually eligible for an exemption, so please refer to government guidance for further information.

Please note that the end date for eligibility for Council Tax exemption is the last day of the academic year. For example, for students graduating in June, the end date is the end of June exam period.

Final year students with resits are not eligible for Council Tax exemption after the last day of term – see end dates above.

If there is a discrepancy in the information on the generated certificate, or the myUWE certificate is not available and you are eligible, please complete the Council Tax query form in InfoHub to request help.