UWE Bristol will provide funds to support home (UK) undergraduate or postgraduate students during the summer 2021 vacation.
About the Summer FundUWE Bristol will provide funds to support home (UK) undergraduate or postgraduate students during the summer 2021 vacation.
When is the Summer Fund available?
The Summer Fund opens on Wednesday 23 June 2021. The online application form will be available here from midday on Wednesday 23 June 2021.
Funds are limited and demand is usually high, so we would recommend eligible students apply as soon as possible from this date.
Eligible groups for the fund are returning home (UK) students who are unable to work because they are:
- looking after dependants (adult or child)
- ill or disabled
- re-sitting examinations/coursework
- completing a dissertation
- on an NHS placement outside the standard course programme
- confirmed as a care leaver, carer or estranged by UWE Cares
- final year home (UK) students re-sitting examinations/coursework.
You cannot apply for the fund if you fall into any of the below categories:
- Students with a 52-week NHS bursary or 52 weeks of Student Finance funding (Midwifery and some Nursing students only). If you are experiencing exceptional financial hardship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your situation.
- Students who haven't taken out all of the funding available to them during the 2020/21 academic year, ie student finance maintenance loan.
- EU, offshore or international students.
- Students who have completed their course (even if you are starting a new one in September).
- Part-time students, unless you have to attend UWE Bristol over the summer or have childcare costs incurred in order to maintain the place.
- Students unable to secure work over the vacation, unless you satisfy one of the other eligibility criteria.
Applications and supporting evidence
You will be able to submit an online application from midday on 23 June 2021.
Once you have completed the online form, you will be required to submit your supporting evidence via email. A full list of the evidence required and a BACS payment form will be emailed to you once you have submitted your application form.
Evidence required includes (but may not be limited to):
- three months of recent statements for all bank, building society, savings and ISA accounts
- evidence of housing costs
- evidence of your 2020/21 student funding (if applicable).
We will not be able to process your application until we receive your supporting evidence and BACS form.