Passionate about discovering the truth and telling the world about it? Gain the craft and master the tools to help you get your insight noticed. In a busy media landscape, even the most important stories need to be honed to perfection to cut through the chaos. Here you'll learn how it's done.
Journalism image gallery
What's waiting for you?
Journalism facilities fit for every story
Media Studios are our home. Here you can get hands-on with the kind of equipment you'll find in top newsrooms, including:
- a TV studio
- editing suites
- a range of digital cameras and kit
- the latest software for creating print (newspaper and magazines), television, radio and online news.
Be part of something bigger
Join Bristol's vibrant arts and cultural scene, where students and workers in the creative industries often collaborate. You can also gain professional experience writing for UWE Bristol student media.
Facilities you'll share with other creatives
- Film Studios - opened in 2019, with industry-standard production and post-production filmmaking.
- Animation studios - bring concepts to life and communicate through animation
- Seven photography studios - including 2 x infinity cove and lighting rigs, 1 x photographing 3D sets and a digital image capturing suite.
- Digital Design Studios - comprehensive Mac resources at Bower Ashton, City Campus at Arnolfini and City Campus at Spike Island where you can use Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and a range of specialist software.
Good to know: workshops with specialist technicians are available to help you make the most of all the fantastic kit.
Library, online resources and study support
Bower Ashton Campus library has an extensive collection supporting the creative and cultural industries.
There's also a wealth of online resources available for journalism and media.
Find out about support with study and academic writing skills at Bower Ashton Campus.