Tenancy reference request

How to obtain a tenancy reference.

What you need to do

  1. Step 1

    Please email the Accommodation Team at accommodation@uwe.ac.uk and provide your:

    • full name
    • current address
    • student ID number.

    Failure to provide these details could delay the reference request.

  2. Step 2

    Once you have submitted the email we will process the request by checking your student details and financial status. We will email you an electronic version of your reference.

  3. Step 3

    It is your responsibility to forward this to your landlord or letting agent. Accommodation Services will not pass references directly to any third party. Please note that we will only provide one letter and so if you need to provide this to multiple agencies, you will need to copy the letter or forward the email version.

Guidance for letting agencies

UWE Bristol accommodation can only issue references to students at the University. If you are acting on behalf of a student we will be unable to correspond with you directly. All tenancy references are sent to the student who is responsible for forwarding the paperwork to you.

Please do not call or email us to chase any reference requests as we are unable to deal with these calls or emails. You must correspond directly with the student.

You may also be interested in