Understanding the complaints process

Whilst the complaint procedure can be used to address concerns relating to a wide variety of University matters, there may be other options available that you consider preferable to raising an official complaint.

If you are unsure of the best course of action please find out more about using the complaints procedure or learn about the types of complaints we deal with.

Alternatively you can contact the Student Casework Team on +44 (0)117 32 83371 or email studentcasework@uwe.ac.uk.

Student Reps

The role of a Student Rep is to communicate the views of students to the appropriate members of staff; the matters raised by Student Reps are those that affect students' academic experiences such as feedback regarding the content of a module, course or programme. Further information and an online feedback form can be found on the student reps web pages.

If you would like to submit feedback relating to broad issues of University policy or procedure, please contact your Students' Union Officer.

The Students’ Union at UWE Advice Centre can also assist students at all stages of complaints and appeals.

Academic appeals

The academic appeals procedure enables students to raise concerns over a potential irregularity in the assessment procedure, following the publication of results from an exam board.

Student Conduct Policy

Complaints about student behaviour, such as harassment by a student, should be addressed via the Student Conduct Policy.

Staff grievance

The grievance procedure is designed to deal with grievances arising directly out of an employee's employment or working practices of the University.

Further information can be found via People and Organisation Development.

You may also be interested in