Advice and support

If you are thinking about making a complaint and wish to find out more about the procedure and options available you can do so using the methods below.

Alternatively you can contact the Student Casework Team on +44 (0)117 32 83371 or email

Informal advice

Informal advice can be obtained from Student Support Advisers but also Information Points, Personal Tutors, Module Leaders, Course Leaders, Scheme Directors, Heads of Department, Central Service staff and the Students' Union (Student Representatives and Students' Union Advice Centre).

The Student Casework Team can also give informal advice about the complaint procedure.

Students may find it helpful to approach the Students' Union at UWE Advice Centre in the first instance, as this centre has considerable experience of advising and supporting students wishing to make a complaint.

Meeting to discuss a complaint

In some circumstances a complainant may be invited to discuss a complaint with a member of staff, or attend a meeting with relevant University staff, to establish the precise cause of dissatisfaction or explore the remedy being sought.

The complainant will have the right in any meeting to be accompanied by a friend, relative or officer of the Students’ Union, who also has the right to speak on behalf of the complainant. A member of staff who has been the subject of a complaint will similarly have the right to be accompanied in any meeting to discuss the complaint.

If you would like to meet with a member of the Student Casework Team Team to discuss your circumstances, please contact us on +44 (0)117 32 83371 or email