Transferring your course

It may be possible for you to transfer to a new course, or change from full time to part time. However, any transfer will be subject to academic approval and availability of places.

You can request to transfer within the same academic year up to 14 calendar days after the start of the teaching period, for example:

Course start date

Internal transfer deadline

September 2020

Midnight on 1 November 2020

You can still submit a transfer request after these deadlines. If approved, it will not take effect until the next academic year.

If your course does not start in September or January you should contact an Information Point to find out what the deadline will be.

There could be serious financial implications to transferring courses. If your transfer increases the number of years it will take to complete your course, you may be without fee support for one of your years of study. You may also be without fee support through changing from a September start date to a January one. You must contact your funding body to check your financial support entitlement for your new course. Please read the transferring awards information.

How to transfer

If you are a new student and not yet arrived at UWE Bristol or registered on your course, you should contact Admissions on 0117 32 83333 to discuss changing your course.

Please choose the appropriate Infohub form for the level of study that you want to change to:

We will normally process your transfer request within a maximum of 12 working days. If you have not heard back in this time please contact an Information Point.

International students

If you are an international student, you should be aware that making a change to your course may have implications on your immigration status and the completion of your studies. Please contact the Immigration and Student Visa Support Service if you would like to discuss any issues.

Students at UK partner colleges

You should follow the same process if you are a student based at one of our UK partner colleges. You can also seek guidance from staff based at your college.