South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership 2023
An opportunity to apply for a full-time PhD under the South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership (SWBIO DTP) in association with UWE Bristol and University of Bristol. The studentship will be funded by SWBIoDTP: ref 2324-OCT-HSS01.
The expected start date of this studentship is 01 October 2023.
The closing date for applications is midnight, 05 December 2022 GMT.
For an informal discussion about the studentships, please get in touch with Dr Mark Hansen (Mark.Hansen@uwe.ac.uk).
There are four studentship opportunities available in association with UWE Bristol and more information can be found via the links below:
Advancing the frontiers of bioscience discovery
- The role of gene expression in the biosynthesis of volatiles from bacteria that cause oak disease (PDF)
For this studentship, please apply directly to Dr Carrie Brady (Carrie.Brady@uwe.ac.uk).
Bioscience for an integrated understanding of health
- Vision-based artificial intelligence and social network analysis for early prediction of disease from cattle behaviours and interactions (PDF)
- Reducing antimicrobial resistant bacteria with the use of cold atmospheric plasma: Mechanism of action and influence on mutation and horizontal gene transfer (PDF)
Bioscience for sustainable agriculture and food
- Understanding receptor-mediated mechanosensing and signalling in cell barrier function during tissue homeostasis and stress responses (PDF)
For information on all the projects that are available, visit SWBio DTP projects.
The studentship is available from 01 October 2023, subject to satisfactory progress and includes a tax exempt stipend.
In addition, full-time tuition fees will be covered for up to three years (Home).
As part of your application you will normally be required to submit:
- Two references
- Academic transcripts/degree certificate(s)
- Personal statement - please include supporting evidence for your Maths background
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English language certificates (where applicable)
How to apply
The closing date for application is midnight 05 December 2022 GMT.
Please submit your application online. When prompted, use the reference number 2324-OCT-HSS01.
You do not need to upload a CV as the application form will capture the relevant information.
When the application asks for a research proposal, please just upload a blank document. A research proposal is not needed for this programme as you are applying directly to a project.
For further information, please see eligibility and applications or contact the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You may also be interested in
Contact the Graduate School
Ways to contact the Graduate School, from postgraduate research support to submitting your thesis.
Fees and funding
View Graduate School tuition fees, project fees, completion fees and resubmission fees.