Learn more about studentship opportunities at the Graduate School.
How studentships work
A studentship will usually cover tuition fees for three years as well as pay the student a stipend for three years, paid monthly. The project area and sometimes the project itself will already be decided and you will need to submit your application by the set deadline.
Applications will be shortlisted for interview and following the interview, the successful candidate(s) will be awarded the studentship.
The Graduate School is delighted to announce the availability of PhD studentships in the following faculties, which will be awarded to high-calibre graduates in the areas of research excellence detailed.
Opportunities by faculty
Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education
- South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership (SWW2): Ref: 2022-OCT-ACE01. Closing date Monday 24 January 2022
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership: Ref 2022-OCT-HAS01. Closing date Friday 14 January
- Using computer vision to determine emotion in animals (Hartpury) - Closing date - 9th February 2022.
Faculty of Business and Law
- There are no current opportunities in this faculty.
Faculty of Environment and Technology
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership: 2022-OCT-FET01. Closing date Friday 14 January
If there are no suitable studentships in your research area you have the opportunity to put forward your own research proposal on a self-funding basis. This includes if you are being sponsored by an organisation external to UWE Bristol such as your employer. You may also be eligible for the UK government Postgraduate Doctoral Loan.
View an A-Z of opportunities, including recently closed ones