ESRC Seminar Series - Seminar 2
Evidence, Governance and Policies for Health and Planning
The ESRC Seminar Series- Seminar 2 took place on Monday, 29 June 2015, from 10:00 to 16:30 at the University of Bristol School of Chemistry, Lecture Theatre 2, Cantock's Close, Bristol BS8 1TS.
The seminar comprised a morning masterclass to compare public health and planning evidence and the degree to which health evidence is compatible with and useful to planning practice. This was followed by afternoon presentations and panel discussions to consider how research should support the integration of health and planning, with an exploration of mechanisms to integrate health evidence into planning.
Evidence base masterclass
- Dr Adrian Davis, Public Health and Transport Planning Specialist, Bristol City Council.
- Lynn Gibbons, Specialty Registrar in Public Health and Public Health Practitioner in Residence, WHO Collaborating Centre for Healthy Urban Environments, UWE Bristol.
- Adam Sheppard, Senior Lecturer in Planning, UWE, Bristol.
- Dr Marleen Bekker, Research Fellow Governance and Innovation in Social Services, Public Administration and Political Science, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
- Angie Jukes, Technical Policy and Planning Specialist Policy, Performance and Reform, Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council. Re-introducing planning and health in Stockport.
- Dr Karen Lock, Clinical Reader in Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
- Professor Susan Thompson, Professor of Planning and Director - Healthy Built Environments Program, Planning, City Futures Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Australia.
This was a free, invitation only event. Invitees were encouraged to sign up quickly as we anticipated this event to be fully booked.
To register for future seminars, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.