Members of the Science Communication Unit (SCU)
A variety of staff and students work with the SCU on our practical, academic and postgraduate project portfolio.
- Dr Kathy Fawcett, Senior Lecturer in Science Communication
- Dr Laura Fogg Rogers, Associate Professor for Engineering in Society
- Andrew Glester, Lecturer in Science Communication
- Dr David Judge, Lecturer in Science Communication
- Dr Achintya Rao, Communication and Engagement Manager for the COALESCE project
- Dr Andy Ridgway, Senior Lecturer in Science Communication
- Dr Amanda Webber, Senior Lecturer in Science Communication
- Professor Alan Winfield, Professor of Robot Ethics
- Sarah Behenna, Research Associate for Science Hunters: Engineering for Sustainable Societies
- Dr Louisa Cockbill, Project Coordinator for Curiosity Connections Bristol
- Dr Laura Hobbs, Research Fellow
- Sophie Laggan, Research Fellow
- Ruth Larbey, Editor for Science for Environment Policy
- Dr Margarida Sardo, Senior Research Fellow
- Nicky Shale, Science Writer and Communicator
- Carla Smith, Project Editor for Science for Environment Policy
- Josh Warren, Education Coordinator - DETI Inspire
- Jane Wooster, Science Communication Unit Administrator
Current PhD students
Thesis title: To understand how plant diversity communication is performed, both from the institutions’ perspective and communicators’ angle.
Supervisory team: Dr Emma Weitkamp (Director of Studies), Dr Hannah Little, Teresa Girão, António Gouveia.