Connect with others of faith
UWE Bristol and the local community are home to a diverse range of faith and cultural networks. Find one near you.
- The Bristol and West Progressive Jewish Congregation holds Friday evening, Shabbat morning and festival services for the local Jewish community.
- The Bristol Hebrew Congregation holds services for the orthodox Jewish community at their synagogue at 9 Park Row, Bristol BS1 5LP.
The Church of Jesus Christ Latter-day Saints
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a worldwide faith of over 16 million members centred on the belief that everyone on earth is a son or daughter of a loving God and that His Son, Jesus Christ, saved the world from sin and death. Jesus Christ invites all of God’s children to come unto, follow, and become more like Him.
The mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is to help all of God’s children come to Jesus Christ through learning about His gospel, making and keeping promises with God (covenants), and practicing Christlike love and service.
The Church has over 30,000 congregations in more than 160 countries and territories. Each of these congregations is a local group of members who serve, teach, inspire, and mentor each other as they strive to overcome personal challenges and hardships, and each is led by nonpaid leaders selected from the congregation who serve on a limited-time, volunteer basis.
Members of the Church believe in helping individuals and families fulfil the commandments to love God and to love your neighbour. Members do so by living the gospel of Jesus Christ, caring for those in need, inviting all to receive the gospel, and uniting families through family history and temple work.
The Church also runs Family Search, which is the world's biggest, free family history website.
- All Mosques Together maintains a directory of mosques and local Muslim communities across Bristol.
- The Council of Bristol Mosques hosts information and contact details for five of the oldest mosques in Bristol.
- The UK Mosque Masjid Directory provides search facilities for local mosques using a postcode, address or name of a place.