Science facilities at UWE Bristol
Hone your scientific skills working with the very latest technology in recently refurbished science labs. You'll get hands-on with the latest equipment and gather the practical experience you need for a successful scientific career.
What's waiting for you?
A practical scientific experience to put you ahead
Our Applied Sciences courses have an emphasis on practical laboratory and field experience. That's good news after graduation: you'll go into the workplace confident in your skills and ready to hit the ground running.
Step into the Lab Zone
Our 'Lab Zone' is made up of a connected series of research labs and teaching spaces, and is home to over 1,000 undergraduate and post-graduate students. Our fantastic facilities were refurbished in 2019, and include labs for every kind of investigation. You'll find:
Bioscience facilities image gallery
- Chemistry instrumentation.
- Centre for Research in Analytical Materials and Sensor Science (CRAMSS).
- Crime scene house (forensic science facilities).
- Electrochemical Sensors laboratory.
- Electron Microscope Unit.
- Screen-printing room.
- Sensors laboratory.
- Volatile analysis laboratory.
Crime Scene House image gallery
Biological and Human Sciences
- Microbiology and Molecular Biology laboratory.
- Nuclear Suite.
- Physiology laboratory.
- Plant and Microbial Research laboratory.
- Bioluminescence room.
- Centre for Research in Biosciences (CRIB).
- In Vitro Toxicology laboratory.
- Air Quality Management Resource Centre (AQMRC).
- Environmental Field Centre.
- Environmental laboratory.
- Envirotron greenhouse.
- Molecular Biology and Post-Genomic Science
- Bristol Genomics Research Institute (BGRI).
- Plant and Bacteria Molecular Biology laboratory.