Study one of our biosciences courses and you'll have the opportunity to take part in interesting work placements, stimulating investigations and exciting field trips as well as getting the theoretical grounding and plenty of hands-on experience you'll need to start your career.
of Health Sciences students in work or further study 15 months after graduation (Graduate Outcome Survey 2019/20, published 2022).
of Biomedical Sciences students satisfied with the quality of their course overall (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey, 2022).
out of 56 universities for Biomedical Science courses (Guardian League Table, 2023).
"I’d always wanted to study science, but I chose UWE Bristol because the course was so hands-on. You get to experience what you hear about in the lectures – to put theory into practice."
Ciara BSc(Hons) Biomedical Science
Foundation Biosciences courses (2023/24 entry)
Undergraduate Biosciences courses (2023/24 entry)
- Biological Sciences - MSci
- Biological Sciences - BSc(Hons)
- Biomedical Science - MSci
- Biomedical Science - BSc(Hons)
"Coming to UWE Bristol was a very good decision for me, and I couldn’t have predicted how much I would gain from my time here. It has certainly changed my life and who I am."
Willis Masters in Research (MRes) Applied Sciences
Postgraduate Biosciences courses (2023/24 entry)
- Applied Sciences - Masters in Research (MRes)
- Applied Transfusion and Transplantation Science - MSc
- Biomedical Science - Doctor of
- Biomedical Science - MSc/Postgraduate Diploma
- Health Technology - MSc
- Science Communication - MSc/Postgraduate Diploma
Professional development Biosciences courses
- Applied Science Communication: Online and Media Writing - Professional/Short course
- Applied Transfusion Science - Professional/Short course
- Applied Transplantation Science - Professional/Short course
- Cellular Pathology and Oncology - Professional/Short course
- Clinical Biochemistry - Professional/Short course
- Haematology - Professional/Short course
- Human Anatomy and Physiology - Professional/Short course
- Immunology - Professional/Short course
- Infection and Disease - Professional/Short course
- Medical Genetics - Professional/Short course
- Medical Microbiology - Professional/Short course
- Professional Development - MA/MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Professional Development - BA(Hons)/BSc(Hons)/FdA/FdSc/GradDip/Dip/CertHE/GradCert/Cert
- Research Methodology and Statistics - Professional/Short course
- Science Communication: Connecting People, Creating Events - Professional/Short course
- Science Communication: Masterclass - Professional/Short course
- Studies in the Biology of Disease - Professional/Short course
For an applicant looking to top-up an undergraduate degree to obtain an Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) or Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) accreditation, please see Biomedical Science module top-up for IBMS/HCPC accreditation for more information.
You may also be interested in
Find out about our UWE Bristol student accommodation options, how to apply, accommodation prices, moving in and advice for our current residents.
Campus and facilities
Over the last five years, we've invested £300 million into our state-of-the-art facilities. Creating the most effective and empowering setting for our students and people to discover their potential.