Where better to hone your planning skills than in the home of one of its greatest pioneers, Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
Be at the heart of a thriving, growing vital city - with all the inspiring practical real-life challenges that come with it - and make the most of industry-standard tools and facilities as you build practical planning skills.
What's waiting for you?
In the Planning School
- Collaborative, practical skill-building workshops - develop computer-aided design (CAD), model-making, design and drawing skills.
- Model-making facilities - bring your ideas to life creating architectural models with the latest laser cutters, computerised routers, and artificial sky and wind tunnels, and get hands-on in our wood, metal and concrete workshops.
- Dedicated Project Room - find space to think and connect in a dedicated Project Room just for planning students, where you can study, collaborate and map out tomorrow’s horizons.
- Cartographic Resource Centre - explore our huge traditional paper map collection and digital map resources.
Online and to share
- Digital resources - ready to support all the course modules, ideal if you’re learning remotely.
- Computer labs - conduct spatial enquiries and analyse data using industry-standard geographic information systems (GIS) and statistical software.
- Digital creative suites - access industry-standard video and editing facilities, sound recording facilities, and all the latest design, animation and illustration packages.
In the library and on campus
Hive social learning areas provide a mix of computer stations, flexible desk-space, and dedicated group-work booths and rooms.