Geography and Environmental Management
Our geography and environmental management courses blend theory and practice to create a learning experience that’s thought-provoking and relevant. Our strong connections with professional bodies provide an important source of influence and offer a benchmark you can take into the workplace.
of Geography and Environmental Studies students satisfied with the quality of their course overall (Guardian University Guide 2021).
in employment or further study 6 months after graduation (HESA 2018).
Graduate employers include the Environment Agency, Department for Energy and Climate Change and Ecotricity.
"The course has challenged me to take opportunities I did not think were possible, from being the Lead Department Representative to undertaking a placement with the Brighton and Hove Green Party. Our course trip to Majorca was a particular highlight for me as it was educational and exciting. My lecturers have really supported and inspired me to push myself."
Monique Taratula-Lyons BA(Hons) Geography
"Geology at UWE has given me a number of opportunities including the chance to go to Tenerife on a volcanology intern. The geology programme at UWE gives you the relevant transferable field experience to go into different fields and perform highly. The course has also given me the confidence to pursue a career in volcanology and the lecturers are supportive of any direction you want to go in."
Yasmin McInally BSc(Hons) Geology
BSc and BA Geography
Along with numerous day trips around the Bristol region, our geography students typically have the opportunity to take part in three residential fieldtrips during their degree.
Postgraduate Geography and Environmental Management courses (2021/22 entry)
- Civil Engineering - MSc
- Environmental Consultancy - MSc/PGDip
- Environmental Health - MSc/PGDip
- Environmental Management - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Project Management - MSc
- Public Health - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Social Research (Health and Wellbeing) - MRes
- Social Research (Sustainable Futures) - MRes
- Sustainable Development in Practice - MSc/PGDip/PGCert
Professional development Geography and Environmental Management courses
- Air Quality Action Planning - Professional course
- Air Quality Assessments - Professional course
- Air Quality Dispersion Modelling - Professional course
- Air Quality Management - Professional course
- Air Quality Monitoring - Professional course
- Changing Travel Behaviour - Professional course
- Creating Sustainable Behaviour Change - Professional course
- Energy Management and Performance Evaluation - Professional course
- Implementation and Design Quality - Professional course
- Professional Development - BA(Hons)/BSc(Hons)/FdA/FdSc/GradDip/Dip/CertHE/GradCert/Cert
- Professional Development - MA/MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Sustainability and Energy Simulations - Professional course
- Sustainable Development: Principles and Practice - Professional course
- Sustainable Transport Management and Operations - Professional course
- The Sustainable Organisation: Vision into practice - Professional course
- Traffic Engineering - Professional course
- Transport Economics and Appraisal - Professional course
- Transport Infrastructure Engineering - Professional course
- Transport Policy and Finance - Professional course
- Travel Demand Analysis - Professional course