Geography and Environmental Management
Our geography and environmental management courses blend theory and practice to create a learning experience that’s thought-provoking and relevant. Our strong connections with professional bodies provide an important source of influence and offer a benchmark you can take into the workplace.
student satisfaction BSc(Hons) Geography (SW) (NSS 2020).
in employment or further study 6 months after graduation (HESA 2018).
Graduate employers include the Environment Agency, Department for Energy and Climate Change and Ecotricity.
"Geology at Bristol UWE is a brilliant course. With a high focus on applying knowledge gained throughout lectures and transferring these skills to the field. With many modules covering different career paths and giving an insight into real life work scenarios."
Connor Wells BSc(Hons) Geology
"Geology at UWE has given me a number of opportunities including the chance to go to Tenerife on a volcanology intern. The geology programme at UWE gives you the relevant transferable field experience to go into different fields and perform highly. The course has also given me the confidence to pursue a career in volcanology and the lecturers are supportive of any direction you want to go in."
Yasmin McInally BSc(Hons) Geology
BSc and BA Geography
Along with numerous day trips around the Bristol region, our geography students typically have the opportunity to take part in three residential fieldtrips during their degree.
Postgraduate Geography and Environmental Management courses (2021/22 entry)
Professional development Geography and Environmental Management courses
- Air Quality Action Planning - Professional course
- Air Quality Assessments - Professional course
- Air Quality Dispersion Modelling - Professional course
- Air Quality Management - Professional course
- Air Quality Monitoring - Professional course
- Changing Travel Behaviour - Professional course
- Creating Sustainable Behaviour Change - Professional course
- Energy Management and Performance Evaluation - Professional course
- Implementation and Design Quality - Professional course
- Professional Development - BA(Hons)/BSc(Hons)/FdA/FdSc/GradDip/Dip/CertHE/GradCert/Cert
- Professional Development - MA/MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Sustainability and Energy Simulations - Professional course
- Sustainable Development: Principles and Practice - Professional course
- Sustainable Transport Management and Operations - Professional course
- The Sustainable Organisation: Vision into practice - Professional course
- Traffic Engineering - Professional course
- Transport Economics and Appraisal - Professional course
- Transport Infrastructure Engineering - Professional course
- Transport Policy and Finance - Professional course
- Travel Demand Analysis - Professional course