Computer Science and Creative Technology facilities
From labs packed with exciting kit to the inspiring, industry-renowned lecturers who'll help you unlock your potential, everything you need to develop practical skills and bring your ideas to life is right here.
What's waiting for you?
Technology to rival industry - and lecturers who've lead in it
Collaborate, create and turn ideas into reality in labs designed to emulate a real-world software development environment. You can:
- Analyse viruses and attempt to hack systems in our dedicated isolation lab.
- Access dedicated workstations in our teaching laboratories - plus open-access PC and Unix-based machines.
- Set your imagination free in our Creative Technologies Computer Lab - with industry standard game engines including Unreal and Unity.
- Try out PS4 development kits - our status as members of PlayStation First mean you'll get chance to hone skills using them.
Good to know: The Games Technology team have all worked in well-known studios including Sony, Sports Interactive and RARE - so you'll learn from their real-world experience, and study a curriculum led by industry and the latest research.
- Frequently updated hardware and software means you'll be well equipped for all levels of game development, from indie to AAA.
- Create and test software using our dedicated servers with Windows, Linux and Unix based-operating systems.
- Gather and evaluate forensic evidence using industry-recognised software including EnCase and Forensic Toolkit in our large computer labs.
- Test your skills with range of current hardware interfaces including the latest VR development kits.
Shared facilities and the libraries
- Shared computer labs, loanable laptops and bookable PCs available on campus 24/7.
- Flexible study spaces, including group-study areas and rooms with assistive technologies.
- Journals and databases online through the UWE Bristol library.
- Free software, tools and industry journals Computer Science and Creative Technologies.