Frequently asked questions about car parking for staff

Answers to popular queries about car parking on UWE Bristol campuses for staff. Please also refer to FAQs for all drivers.

Are there any discounts on car parking?

If your shift pattern starts before 07:30 and/or ends after 20:00, you'll get a 50% discount, due to limited public transport options that are available at these times.

Grade A contract

In line with the University’s commitment to the living wage campaign, staff on a UWE Bristol contract at grade A will not have to pay a charge – although they will still need to apply for a permit.

Can I register more than one vehicle on a permit?

Yes. You can list a maximum of two vehicles.

How can I cancel my parking permit?

If you want to withdraw from the scheme, you can do so at any time via Facilities Online.

How does a salary sacrifice scheme work? Will it affect my NI contributions, tax or credits?

From April 2018, the government limited the range of benefits in kind, which provide a tax and National Insurance Contributions advantage under salary sacrifice. Car parking is one of the benefits that is affected and all staff will have the fee deducted from monthly earnings as a net deduction.

I have a courtesy car or personal hire care for a few days - what should I do?

Please contact and inform them of the change of vehicle so they can add it into the system to prevent you receiving mistaken enforcement action.

I have changed my car - do I need to re-apply for a permit?

No you do not need to re-apply but you must amend your registration details using Facilities Online.

I normally walk or cycle, but I want to drive when the weather is bad - will I be able to park?

You can apply for a pay daily permit and use the daily payment facility.

Apply for a pay daily permit on Facilities Online.

If I have a temporary disability - what can I do to make my parking easier?

There are designated accessible bays on all campuses. To use these you need to apply for a temporary accessible permit on Facilities Online.

What are the criteria for allocating a permit?

All staff with a University payroll number can apply for a parking permit. If you don't have a University payroll number – or if you're a contractor – please contact your UWE Bristol representative or line manager for advice.

What happens if I lose my permit?

Use Facilities Online (staff only access) to reprint your permit.

You may also be interested in