Frenchay Campus accommodation.
Prefer a house to a flat? Carroll Court is a small, self-contained community of two-storey residences, right in the heart of our Frenchay Campus.
You’ll live with five others and have your own room, shared bathroom, kitchen and living space. And you’ll be within walking distance of the library, Students’ Union, Centre for Sport and all our other facilities.
Why choose Carroll Court:
- Get the convenience of living on campus, but feel part of a small, friendly community.
- No commuting – pop to lectures and make the most of fantastic facilities on foot.
In your room
- Single bed, bedside cabinet
- Desk, chair, bookshelves, desk lamp
In the communal areas
- Fully equipped kitchens – with cookers, microwave, kettle, fridge/freezers, bins, storage cupboards and an ironing board
- Sociable living area – with table, stools, sofa and easy chairs for chilling out
- Internet access – Glide Student
- TV point in your room and lounge - but don't forget your TV licence
- Bike storage (some)
- Resident assistant
- Lift - no
- Parking - no
- Customer service desk with friendly staff to help with issues during office hours
- Gym membership is optional, see Centre for Sport
Good to know: our accommodation is all no smoking.
Carroll Court accommodation gallery
Carroll Court, UWE Bristol, Coldharbour Lane, Frenchay, Bristol, BS16 1US.
1. Transport links
Bristol Parkway train station connects UK-wide, while the handy Filton Abbey Wood station gets you to destinations across the city and beyond. There are bus stops on campus to hop on the speedy Metrobus into town – and even a dedicated Megabus stop for longer journeys.
2. Outdoor space
Now breathe. There’s plenty of open space on campus: trails where bees thrive, community gardens, even spots to pick some fresh herbs to throw in your pasta. Just a short walk from campus is Stoke Park Estate, a sprawling historic park that is popular and free to access.
3. Supermarkets, cafes and restaurants
Abbeywood Retail Park is a five minute walk away, with shops, cafes and restaurants. A large Sainsbury’s store is also a short walk away.
4. Campus community
There’s plenty to do right on your doorstep, including The Students' Union, 24/7 Library, Centre for Music, sports facilities, shops and numerous cafes, bars and restaurants.
|Room type||Annual rent||Cost per week|
|252 x standard||£4,743.90||£112.95|
Insurance, provided by Cover4Students, is included in Carroll Court accommodation costs.