Documentation to support your student in practice:
- Practice portfolio handbook (DOC)
- Practice assessor handbook (DOC)
- Process for students experiencing issues in practice (PDF)
- Process for raising and escalating concerns (PDF)
- Professional perspectives in SCPHN – level 3 (PDF)
- Professional perspectives in SCPHN – level M (PDF)
- Prescribing practice V100 (PDF)
View information for practice assessors and supervisors about the Public Health (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing) programme:
- BSc(Hons) Public Health (SCPHN): Course details for the undergraduate Public Health (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing) programme
- PG Dip Public Health (SCPHN): Course details for the postgraduate diploma Public Health (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing) programme
- Programme handbook 2020/21 (PDF): The handbook for Public Health (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing) programmes
- Standards of proficiency for specialist community public health nursing (SCPHNs): The Nursing and Midwifery Council standards setting out both proficiencies, skills and knowledge and the standards for education and training
If you have any queries or questions about the Public Health (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing) programme or require support, please contact a member of the programme team, or get in touch via our CPD admin team.
Academic in Practice (AiP)
The Academic in Practice is a named link for a number of specific geographical areas/organisations, who should be contacted in the first instance regarding any queries in practice.
The AiP will support students who are not achieving their clinical competencies, and have been referred or are failing in practice.
The AiP can support the student and assessor with development of action plans to enable students to achieve specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-bound (SMART) objectives.
If students have additional health needs, the AiP can provide advice, support and referral.
Gloucestershire, Torbay and Cornwall
Wiltshire, BANES and Devon
Somerset, Swindon and Plymouth
North Somerset, Bristol and South Glos