What is MyAttendance and why do we use it
The MyAttendance system will ensure that students have a means to provide a record of their attendance.
For teaching activities where you record attendance, you will be given a unique six-digit code by the staff member delivering the session.
Supporting your wellbeing
MyAttendance will be used to support your wellbeing whilst you are studying with us. The attendance information will be added to MyEngagement. This will provide a fuller picture of your engagement with your course and will allow us to offer support, if needed, in a confidential and timely manner.
The University is only gathering attendance information for the academic events that you are timetabled to attend. Your location and attendance at non-academic events around campus won't be recorded through MyAttendance.
App log in
- Once the app has downloaded, open and select the Student/Staff profile from the options listed:
- Enter your UWE Bristol username and password:
- This will load the UWE Bristol MyAttendance homepage.
- The homepage has two tiles. One has your timetable and the other tile enables you to check in to teaching events. This is how you will record your attendance:
Use the timetable icon to view your timetable:
You can view your timetable for the whole year by scrolling across the weeks.
Clicking on specific events will give you the option to email the lecturer or add the event to your phone calendar.
Your timetable will check for the most up-to-date information whenever it is connected to the internet or when you pull down on the weekly view to refresh:
The bottom of the screen will tell you when it was last updated.
- To record your attendance at a teaching event you will need to tap on the tick box tile:
You will only be able to enter the six-digit code during the teaching session; you will not be able to enter it at any other time. This means, for example, that if your timetable states that your lecture will start at 9:00 and finish at 10:00, you will only be able to enter the six-digit code from 9:00 until 10:00, after 10:00 the check-in function will be closed.
- Tap on the check-in box to enter the six-digit code (which will be provided by your lecturer):
- Once you have entered the correct code the submit box will go bright green and you can tap on it to confirm your attendance:
- You will know your attendance has been recorded when the tick image is displayed:
- There is no need to check out. The check-in will automatically close at the time the timetabled session is due to end.
- You will only be able to enter the six-digit code for teaching events that are on your timetable. If you attend an event not on your timetable, then your attendance will not be recorded.
- If you are not able to attend a timetabled session, then you will show as having been absent for that session.
- The MyAttendance timetable will show all timetabled events, the check in view will only show events where check in is required.
- You will only need to check in for certain activity types, during which you will be given the six-digit code.
If you can't access the internet
If you don't have access to the internet, you will still be able to enter the six-digit code in to the MyAttendance app. The app will then save this information and update your attendance record when it is next able to connect to the internet. Until the check-in has pushed through, the session will state ‘Checked-In Offline’.
If you can't access the app
You can also check-in via MyAttendance online: myattendance.uwe.ac.uk.
If you are not able to log in via myattendance.uwe.ac.uk and there is no way for you to enter the code yourself, then you may request a manual check-in from your lecturer during the teaching session.
If you need further assistance, please contact an Information Point. Please provide your student number and screen shots or details of module names or timetabled session details where relevant.