EU/International Emergency Fund
Support is available for EU and international students who have experienced substantial and unforeseen financial hardship since the start of the academic year.
About the fund
The EU/International Emergency Fund (EF) can provide discretionary financial assistance, including emergency situations, to all full time non-UK students registered at UWE Bristol. Students either need to be an international student who is paying the overseas rate of tuition fees or an EU student who is not eligible for living cost support from Student Finance.
EU students who are eligible for living costs support from Student Finance may be eligible to apply for the UWE Student Support Fund.
Applications for the 2020/2021 academic year
- As funds are limited, applications for the 2020/2021 academic year will be accepted up to 18 June 2021, or until the funds are exhausted, whichever comes sooner.
- The fund cannot be used for payment of tuition fees - If you are experiencing difficulties paying your fees you should contact credit control at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. You may be eligible to apply for a fee waiver in certain circumstances.
- Applications from 1st year Tier 4 students will be considered, but it is unlikely that they will be made an award. This is because evidence is required to demonstrate adequate provision to pay tuition fees and living costs before starting the course.
- Applications are unlikely to be considered where students are in receipt of a government or US loan or where the reason for application to the fund is due to fluctuations in exchange rates.
- The limited size of the fund means that students in even the most severe hardship are unlikely to receive more than £1,000. Awards are made to cover essential living costs or the cost of flights home.