UWE Bristol Student Support Fund
This fund is for UK undergraduate and postgraduate students who may need extra financial support.
About the fund
The Student Support Fund is a significant fund provided by UWE Bristol to support UK undergraduate and postgraduate students who may need extra financial support to remain in higher education.
The 2020/21 Student Support Fund is open to applications from Monday 19 October 2020 and will be open for the following time periods, subject to funds not being exhausted.
- Period 1 19 October 2020 – 18 December 2020
- Period 2 18 January 2021 – 26 March 2021
- Period 3 12 April 2021 – 18 June 2021
Applications are assessed over a full academic year for the period September 2020 to June 2021, irrespective of the date you apply. Therefore, only one application per academic year is required.
You can apply online via our InfoHub form.
An application will only be assessed once the following three criteria are met:
- The online application form is completed in full and submitted.
- The student has completed an appropriate module on Blackbullion and achieved an 100% pass mark on the Final Challenge, if applicable.
- Supporting evidence is provided.
We will not look at the application until all of these criteria are met.
Applications to the Student Support Fund are processed by the Funds Team.
Once the application is submitted and evidence is received by the Funds Team, the application will go into a queue. It will then be looked at within six weeks.
The applicant will then be notified of the decision or any further information we need by email to their UWE Bristol email address (ending @uwe.ac.uk or @live.uwe.ac.uk).
Applications are processed in line with the rules (PDF) of the Student Support Fund, which are decided by the Funds Team in agreement with the Funds Team Manager and informed by the guidelines produced by the National Association of Student Money Advisers.
To be eligible, the applicant must be:
- fully registered on their course
- a UK 'Home' student (see determining your fee status for more information on fee status)
- on a UWE Bristol course, or a fully franchised course at a partner institution
- receiving all the student funding they are entitled to
- on an eligible course – generally, this includes undergraduate and postgraduate courses which are eligible for Student Finance funding. If you’re unsure if your course is eligible, you can email email@example.com to find out.
The priority groups for the Student Support Fund are:
- lone parents
- disabled students (in receipt of Special Support Grant or Special Support Element of the Maintenance Loan and/or in receipt of DLA or PIP).
- care leavers (as defined on eligibility for care leavers)
- estranged students (as defined on estranged students eligibility)
- carers (as defined on eligibility for carers).
Priority group students are likely to receive a higher award than other students. However, other eligible students can still apply to the fund and receive support, and being in a priority group doesn’t guarantee an award.
In the meantime, if you are experiencing exceptional financial hardship which will prevent you from attending or continuing on your course, please contact a Money Adviser.