Getting to and from UWE Bristol campuses
It is easy to get from one campus to another and in and around the city centre, as well as going further afield, with Bristol's excellent transport links.
It's easy to get around the city by bus and Metrobus. Bristol Bus Station offers cross-country services and Frenchay Campus has its own Megabus and National Express stop.
- Campus bus stop locations
- Bus services to Frenchay Campus
- Bus services to City Campus
- Bus services to Glenside Campus
- Bus routes from our campuses into the city centre
First Bus app
To help you feel confident about travelling by bus, First Bus have launched a new feature on their app to show where your bus is, how many seats are available, and to enable you to book your seat. The app displays in real time how many empty seats there are on each bus, to help you to confidently plan your journey. Watch this YouTube video showing you how to use the First Bus App.
Bus checker apps and journey planners
Download the Travelwest bus checker app for live and scheduled bus times for every bus in the Bristol area. Free for iPhone, Android and Windows mobile devices.
Details of all timetables and routes can be found on the TravelWest journey planner.
Long distance coaches and coaches from London airports
Megabus and National Express provide a very cost-effective service direct to Frenchay Campus from many UK cities and some overseas destinations including London, Cardiff, Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester and Leeds.
Named the UKs first cycling city, Bristol is built for cyclists.
Cycle to and from campus
UWE Bristol has benefited enormously from the recent investment in largely traffic free cycle routes that criss-cross the city.
- Frenchay Campus cycle routes on Google Maps
- Glenside Campus cycle routes on Google Maps
- City Campus cycle routes on Google Maps
Facilities for cyclists
Cycle parking lockers, showers and drying areas are available across our campuses.
Across our campuses there is access to:
- Free bike check-ups - Dr Bike offer a free drop in service at Bower Ashton Campus, Glenside Campus and Frenchay Campus.
- Bike pumps and tool stations across all three campuses.
Help to get a bike
- Students can take advantage of the student cycle loan scheme. Please visit the Student Union reception for more information.
- Staff can take advantage of discounted tax-free cycles from Cycle Solutions through the HR department (login required).
- For a list of where to buy a bike in Bristol visit the BetterByBike website.
Borrow a bike
- Borrow one of our Bristol Bicycles for free for up to two weeks. Bring your staff or student ID card to the Centre for Sport reception on a Thursday or weekend and you can borrow a bike complete with lights and a lock.
For more information on better ways to travel take a look at the travelwest website where you will find more information about cycling, walking and the e-scooter trail in the Bristol area.
Please note: only e-scooters that form part of the trail are permitted for use on the public roads and UWE Bristol sites.
Map of Frenchay Campus cycling routes and facilities
View a map of Frenchay Campus that has locations of:
- Cycle parks and bike hubs
- Lockers and changing rooms
- Repair kits
- Bike pumps and tool stations
Bristol Temple Meads station, Bristol Parkway and Filton Abbey Wood railway stations connect you to the rest of the country, as well as local and inter-city services.
The nearest train station to UWE Bristol's Frenchay Campus is Filton Abbey Wood, it will take around 30 minutes to walk to campus from the station. There is also a First Bus service that leaves from the station car park.
Bristol Parkway is also close to Frenchay Campus. There are buses direct to Frenchay Campus or nearby with a short walk.
Bristol Temple Meads is closest to the city centre.
See the National Rail website for further information.
Bristol Airport connects the South West to hundreds of destinations across Europe and the rest of the world. Located just a few miles south of Bristol's city centre, it's easy to get to and from the airport, 24hrs a day via the Airport Flyer - Bristol Airport's direct bus route.
Maps and directions
Frenchay (BS16 1ZG)
Directions to Frenchay Campus (Google Maps)
Glenside (BS16 1DD)
Directions to Glenside Campus (Google Maps)
City Campus at Bower Ashton (BS3 2JT)
Directions to Bower Ashton (Google Maps)