How to travel to your graduation ceremony.
The address for Bristol Beacon is:
There is no parking at Bristol Beacon. Some on-street parking is available but is usually restricted to a maximum of two hours. There are a number of car parks near by, which are well signposted from the city centre. The nearby parking options we recommend are:
- College Street, BS1 5UY – behind Council House. Approximately 100 spaces/Pay and Display. A two-minute walk.
- College Square, BS1 5TS – by the Abbey Gatehouse. Eight spaces only/Pay and Display, Sunday no Charge. One-minute walk and ideal for less mobile people.
- Trenchard Street, BS1 5AN – off Park Street, 950 spaces. A five-minute walk.
- Bristol Harbourside, BS1 5LF – Canons Way, 384 spaces. A five- to ten-minute walk.
- Millennium Square/At-Bristol, BS1 5LL – next to We The Curious, 550 spaces. A five- to ten-minute walk.
Blue badge parking
View information about accessible parking at graduation.
Electric vehicle parking and charging
You can review where to park and charge electric vehicles on the Bristol City Council website.
Clean air zone
Clean air zone rules came into effect in Bristol City centre on Monday 28 November 2022. Visit the Bristol City Council website for more information about the clean air zone, including a map and whether your vehicle is affected.
Bus and train
The nearest railway station is Bristol Temple Meads.
Taxis and buses are available from the station (use the 8 or 9 bus or enjoy a 20-minute walk across Bristol city centre).
The closest Bristol ferry stop is Bristol City Centre Landing. Ferries run every 40 minutes from either Bristol Temple Meads or Hotwells. Further information is available on the Bristol Ferry website.
Walking or cycling
We are located in the centre of historical Bristol, close to nearby hotels and amenities.
We are also near the National Cycle Network and have plenty of bicycle parking outside on College Green.
Park and ride
Bristol has four park and ride carparks located on the outskirts of the city, allowing you to travel to your graduation without having to worry about parking.
International travel and visas
If you or your guests are coming from a country that is outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we can produce a letter to confirm the visa application process which confirms that we are expecting you and your named guests to attend the ceremony.
Find out how to request a visa support letter and the information required.