Our first class forensic science facilities help you get to grips with all the equipment you'll use in the field - giving you both confidence and competence in a range of techniques.
Situation House image gallery
What's waiting for you?
Dedicated forensics facilities
- Advanced science laboratories - known as the 'Lab Zone' - include connected series of research labs and teaching spaces, and a postgraduate research centre.
- Simulated crime scenes in our specially-adapted Crime Scene House - practise your skills and see what happens when you're called to a burglary or violent attack.
- Professional-standard laboratories - where you'll learn to use forensic apparatus including industry-standard microscopes and instruments allow you to analyse glass, hairs and fibres, bullets, documents and bank notes.
- Vacuum metal deposition - learn to develop fingerprints on difficult substrates like shot gun cartridges and bird feathers, and learn to use our HPLC-MS instrumentation to analyse drugs.
- Make presentations and present evidence in our mock courtroom - go beyond pure science and get a valuable grounding in what to expect in the real world.
Digital, shared and library
- Conduct indoor and outdoor crime scene investigations, laboratory analysis and courtroom presentations through Second Life simulations in our dedicated Digital Technologies Suite.
- Use the virtual world of Second Life to investigate indoor and outdoor crime scenes, analyse evidence in the laboratory or to practise answering questions in a virtual courtroom, as an expert witness.
- Our well-equipped Frenchay Campus library has plenty of resources to support you with your studies. We also have specific forensic science online resources, journals and databases.