Frenchay Campus accommodation.
Frenchay Campus’ newest accommodation is a modern and vibrant place to call home. It is built to the highest sustainability standard with Passivhaus technology, helping UWE Bristol to address the issues of climate change and achieve our aim to have net-zero greenhouse emissions by 2030.
There is a wide variety of flat types and sizes in Purdown View. Some flats have shower rooms you share with one other person and others have en-suite rooms attached to each bedroom.
In your room
- Standard rooms have three-quarter size beds, wardrobe, desk and chair, and a mirror. En-suite rooms contain a shower, toilet and sink. In shared flats, you'll share the shower room with one other person.
- Premium en-suite rooms are similar to standard en-suite rooms, but they have a full size double bed and the flats have few occupants.
- Studios are self-contained flats with a double bed, wardrobe, desk and chair plus a shower room and kitchenette for cooking.
In the communal areas
- Well equipped kitchen with induction hob, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, bins, storage cupboards and kettle. The quantity of equipment will depend on the amount of people sharing the flat.
- Living area with sofas, chairs, television and a dining space to enjoy meals together.
- Internet access - ASK4
- Bike storage
- Communal spaces including a Student Life Hub and Move Studio
- Lift access
- Parking - no
- Optional gym membership for Centre for Sport
- Accommodation Customer Services are open every day from 08:00 to 18:45 for any enquiries and assistance.
Good to know: smoking and vaping aren't allowed in this accommodation.
Purdown View accommodation gallery
Standard bed ensuite with study space
Standard living area
Standard kitchen area
Ensuite bathroom with sink, toilet and shower
Premium bed ensuite with study space
Premium open plan living space with kitchen
Premium living room
Premium kitchen space
Studio bed ensuite with kitchen
Studio bed study area
Purdown View, Coldharbour Lane, Frenchay, Bristol BS16 1US
1. Transport links
Bristol Parkway train station has frequent trains to other stations across the UK. The bus station on Frenchay Campus means there are dozens of buses to get you around Bristol including the M Bus which can get you into Bristol City Centre in just 15 minutes. Get directions
2. Outdoor space
The great thing about being a little further out of the city is the access to green space. Frenchay Campus has dedicated gardens, trails and herb gardens, plus Stoke Park on its doorstep with rolling, historic grounds only a little walk away. Purdown View has an adjacent amphitheatre space for socialising and study, which includes sculptures from the Juneau Projects. Get directions
3. Supermarkets, cafes and restaurants
Abbeywood Retail Park is a ten minute walk away. There is a selection of restaurants, high-street shops and an Asda with a Sainsbury's and Lidl a short walk away. On campus, we have a Greggs and Morrisons convenience store plus UWE Bristol refectories open throughout the year. Get directions
4. Campus community
Frenchay Campus is a hive of activity whether you're sporty, social or musical, there's always something to do in your down time. Get directions
Accommodation costs are for a 42 week contract.
|Cost per week
|151 x 5,6 and 7 bed en-suite
|256 x 8 bed shared bathroom
|400 x 8 bed en-suite
|64 x 4 bed premium en-suite
|29 x studios
Insurance, provided by Cover4Students, is included in Purdown View accommodation costs.