Employer Fairs and Events - Information for students
All UWE Bristol Careers and Enterprise events for 2021/2022 will be delivered on Handshake. Please note that term one from September to January will remain virtual.
Get set up on Handshake
The Handshake platform is built by students for students and it offers you unrivalled access to the best and latest graduate roles, connects you with academic and sector peers in the UK and internationally and enables you to directly connect with employers and organisations.
Register and complete your Handshake profile:
- Attend Careers Fairs and Events organised by UWE Bristol and organisations across the Handshake network
- Directly connect with employers based in the UK and internationally
- Get job alerts from employers you follow
- Book one-to-one 10min video chats with employers of your choice
- Receive messages and job offers direct from employers.
How to register for and attend Employer Fairs on Handshake
UWE Bristol Meet the Employer Fairs 2021/22
The Meet the Employer Fairs will be held across two dates in the first term:
- Wednesday 20 October 2021
- Wednesday 17 November 2021
Each employer will only be represented at one fair, therefore we recommend you attend both fairs.
Resources to help prepare you for the fair
- CV Cycle - navigate the best resources for you.
- Networking Workbook - links to all the resources, tips and info for effective networking.
- Elevator Pitch builder - build a summary of your key strengths and motivations
- Skills audit - identify your skills. Prospects also list key skills gained from different degree subjects.
- Research employers and sectors - use the Career Toolkit to research jobs and employers.
Careers help and advice
Using Handshake safely
Student safety is of paramount importance to us. The Handshake articles below explain how you can have an enriching, safe and secure experience on Handshake.