Employer Fairs and Events - Information for students
Meet the Employers Fair is being held on Wednesday 10 March from 12:00-18:00 on our new career’s platform ‘Handshake’.
Meet the Employers Fair
The Handshake platform is built by students for students and it offers you unrivalled access to the best and latest graduate roles, connects you with academic and sector peers in the UK and internationally and enables you to directly connect with employers and organisations.
To attend and get the most from the fair, please follow these steps:
- Find out about Handshake
- Accept our email invite to register with Handshake and complete your profile
- Book/Register for the fair
The video playlists with accompanying help links will provide you with all the information and guidance to complete these three steps and have a positive experience at the fair.
Register and complete your profile
Set up your profile on Handshake, adding details of your skills and qualities, roles and more.
Watch the six short films.
Registering and preparing for the fair
Book your sessions in advance so you don't miss out, follow employers and get prepared to get the most of out of the fair.
Watch the four short films.
Resources to help prepare you for the fair
- CV Cycle - navigate the best resources for you.
- Networking Workbook - links to all the resources, tips and info for effective networking.
- Elevator Pitch builder - build a summary of your key strengths and motivations
- Skills audit - identify your skills. Prospects also list key skills gained from different degree subjects.
- Research employers and sectors - use the Career Toolkit to research jobs and employers.
Careers help and advice
Using Handshake safely
Student safety is of paramount importance to us. The Handshake articles below explain how you can have an enriching, safe and secure experience on Handshake.