Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
About Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
The Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) scheme is a UK-wide programme helping businesses to improve competitiveness and productivity. You bring the ambition and strategic vision to transform your business, and UWE Bristol will provide the practical graduate support, applied knowledge and technical expertise to help you achieve your goals.
Run for nearly 50 years and now funded by Innovate UK, KTPs have helped fund over 12,000 businesses and increased their innovation and growth. A KTP is a cost-effective way to access academic expertise and recruit a highly skilled graduate.
Management KTPs help to transform the way your business operates. They adopt the same model as the Knowledge Transfer Partnership by improving management practices and processes. The focus is on the skills, people, culture change and creating a more robust business.
The partnership with the support of the academic team at UWE Bristol will help your business to apply a broad range of management practices, leadership skills whilst improving any processes.
What you can expect
- A project length of between one and three years
- Up to 67% funded and 33% company contribution
- Weekly access to academic expertise
- Graduate placed within your business to fully embed knowledge
Supporting your project
Our KTP team brings together academics, graduates, and businesses on strategic projects. They are there to provide expert and professional support for submitting the project. They will support your project through application right through to the end of the project. This includes the recruitment, financial administration and support at the project quarterly management meetings which takes place between all the partners of the project.
From the initial first contact, we are there to provide support and guidance including the formation of the project team, where we will find suitable partners, support the work plan, and the writing and submission of the KTP application.
We have a strong track record where we have supported over 100 projects in 24 years. Our experience Knowledge Exchange team will support throughout the process of the submission of the project.
Benefits for businesses
- Embedding expertise, develop new knowledge
- Creating Intellectual Property
- Gaining cost-effective access to the University's knowledge base and resources
- Increasing revenue through access to new markets and new product development
- Improving profits, increased productivity
- Improving processes to the business
- Access to an experienced Knowledge Transfer Adviser and access to the Knowledge Transfer Network throughout the project
Benefits for academics
- Solving real-world business problems
- Influencing development within the UK industry
- Developing impact case studies
- Developing publications and conference papers
- Implementing research in a business setting
Benefits for associates
- Earning a competitive salary
- Applying developing knowledge and skills
- Securing employment
- Annual training and development budget
- Being supported through an academic supervisor and the company supervisor