Construction and Civil Engineering resources
Library resources for construction and civil engineering students.
Search for journal articles and other construction and civil engineering information (includes Building Cost Information Service, Construction Information Service, ICONDA, ICE Virtual Library, and iSurv (RICS)).
Databases for construction and civil engineering
Workbooks, guides and tutorials
- Study skills for Environment and Technology - Introduction to finding information using UWE Bristol Library resources.
- Study skills for Environment and Technology (foundation) workbook - Introduction to finding information using UWE Bristol Library resources for students studying on a foundation course or foundation year.
- Environment and Technology dissertation and project support workbook - Find information and resources to help you develop the information skills you need to carry out your dissertation or project.
- Technical report writing- Guidance on writing technical reports - including advice on introductions, structure, formatting and punctuation, language, graphs, tables and images, referencing and proofreading.
- Property data tutorials - Learn how to use key databases including CoStar Suite, EGI and others.
- How to research employers (for Environment and Technology students) - Improve your commercial awareness and better understand who you want to work for.
- Professional development for Built Environment students - Online workbook with videos, activities and links to extensive resources to help you research your career options and make applications for placements and jobs.
- Law for Non-Lawyers workbook
- BIM UWE on YouTube – a series of training videos on 'Revit software for Building Information Modeling' created by Patrick Thornhill, for UWE Bristol students. See also the group BIM@UWE on LinkedIn.