Search the library and a range of databases for contracts.
There are a number of books and journal articles that discuss the use of various construction contracts (for example JCT, NEC4 and FIDIC) that can be found using library search.
Accessing copies of construction contracts
Sample copies of the main construction contract sets, to be viewed for educational use only, can be accessed through UWE Bristol Library subscriptions:
- JCT (Joint Contracts Tribunal) Contracts can be accessed by searching Practical Law or Construction Information Service.
- NEC4 contracts can be accessed online. You will need to login to Blackboard to access these.
- The FIDIC (Fédération Internationale Des Ingénieurs-Conseils/ International Federation of Consulting Engineers) Short Form of Contract (Green Book) 1st edition, 1999 can be accessed through Construction Information Service, along with the other documents in the FIDIC contract suite. The FIDIC Silver, Red and Yellow books can also be located through ICE Virtual Library.
- Selected PPC (project partnering) and SPC (specialist) contracts are available through Construction Information Service. Others are only available in print, and can be viewed in the Frenchay Library.
Databases containing information on construction contracts
Additional information about contracts, including guides to using them can be sourced using the following key resources:
- Construction Information Service: of relevance to professionals across the range of built environment disciplines.
- ICE Virtual Library: largely focused on civil and environmental engineering and infrastructure projects.
- Practical Law: legal practice notes, toolkits and standard documents, covering mainly JCT and NEC suites.
- Westlaw Edge UK: journal articles, legal commentary and related case law pertaining to construction contracts.
You may also be interested in
Construction and Civil Engineering resources
Library resources for construction and civil engineering students.