A range of online and print maps are available.
Digimap is a collection of services that deliver maps and map data of Great Britain. The map data can be downloaded to use with GIS or CAD software.
- MAGIC website
The MAGIC website provides geographic information collected by environment-related government agencies. The information covers rural, urban, coastal and marine environments across Great Britain.
World and Europe resources
OpenStreetMap is built by a community of mappers from around the world that contribute and maintain data about roads, trails, cafés, railway stations, and much more.
- Online maps of current and general interest
Online maps from the Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection at the University of Texas.
- United Nations (UN) Cartography Section: Department of Field Support
A collection of general maps and UN mission maps from many different countries.
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) maps
A collection of maps made available by the CIA.
- European Environment Agency: data and maps
A large collection of environment-related maps, interactive maps, and datasets.
- Bristol Record Office
Bristol Record Office looks after the archives of the city of Bristol (and surrounding areas) and makes them available to everybody, free of charge.
- Know Your Place Bristol
The Know Your Place website allows you to explore Bristol through historic maps, images and linked information. It also allows local people to share information and images about Bristol.
- Know Your Place West of England
Digital mapping project covering the historic counties of Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire, the former Avon area.
Other local areas in the UK
For maps of other local areas in the UK, please search online for the name of the local authority, followed by 'record office', for example, South Gloucestershire record office.
Print maps in the Library
You can use library search to find a limited selection of print maps in the library.
Support for students
If you require assistance, or additional training, in the use of geospatial software:
- College of Arts, Technology and Environment (CATE) students, please email Harry.West@uwe.ac.uk (GIS and Cartographic support).
- College of Health, Science and Society (CHSS) students, please email Angeliki.Savvantoglou@uwe.ac.uk (Senior Technical Instructor (GIS)).
Other students, please contact the library.