UK Government Postgraduate Doctoral Loans
If you are a prospective UK or EU doctoral student, and you normally live in England, you may be able to apply for a UK Government Postgraduate Doctoral Loan to support your study at UWE Bristol.
- Loans are available up to £25,000, payable across the whole, or part, of your doctoral studies.
- Your programme must start on or after 1 August 2018. If your programme start date is earlier than this date, you will not be eligible for the loan.
- The loan is available for postgraduate doctoral level awards at UWE Bristol, including PhDs and Professional Doctorates. The loan is not available for the doctorate 'by publication' route.
- The loan can be combined with funding from UWE Bristol or other sources, but not with Research Council funding, NHS funding or other direct government funding.
- Full details about the loan scheme, including details of loan payments and repayment, are available on the UK Government website.
- You can watch a short, informative film about the loan on the UCAS website.
How to apply
You must have received an offer from UWE Bristol before completing the online application. View more information about the UWE Bristol postgraduate research application process.
Get in touch
Please contact us if you need any advice about selecting the appropriate programme when making an application.