CityForm-India: Achieving sustainable urban form for rapidly growing cities in India
Full project title: CityForm-India: Achieving sustainable urban form for rapidly growing cities in India
Project duration: 2008-2012
Project leader for SPE: Professor Katie Williams
- University of Warwick, UK
- University of Nottingham, UK
- UK National Institute of Urban Affairs, India
- India School of Planning and Architecture, India
- Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, India
- University of Sheffield, UK
Cityform India is a network of over 20 academic partners from India, UK, Europe and the USA, and over 50 stakeholders in urban development and professional bodies from India.
The network seeks to develop and share best practice on urban growth, urban sustainability and urban form. It follows from the work of the original CityForm Research Consortium, which was funded by the EPSRC under the Sustainable Urban Environments Programme.