Papers and presentations
Download and read our latest papers and presentations.
Social Science in the City is a growing hub of research which will focus on disseminating information, sharing resources, findings and interests, initiating and developing applied social research, consultancy, educational and training programmes.
- Inclusion versus Integration: Mainstreaming autism (PPT) - Aga Kowalska
- Climate change denial (PPT) - Paul Hoggett
View the film.
- Refusal, social exclusion and the cycle of rejection: A cynical analysis? (PDF) - Christopher Scanlon and John Adlam
- Sociological musings on the disturbances of 2011 (PDF) - Steve Hunt
- The clash of rights: The case of (non-heterosexual) sexual versus religious rights (PDF) - Steve Hunt
- Sexual vs religious rights? (PDF) - Dr Stephen Hunt
- The future role of universities (PDF) - Professor Steve West
- What's in the start of a war? (PDF) - Nigel Williams
- ‘Brave New World’? How will the Government respond to the care challenges of an ageing population?’ (PPT) - Professor Robin Means
- Homelessness, Dangerousness and Disorder. The view from Diogenes’ Barrel? (PPT) - Christopher Scanlon
- Drugs: The harms of criminal justice policy (PPT) - John Moore
- The role of universities in promoting healthy workplaces (PPT) - Judy Orme
- Imag(ine)ing our Social Worlds (PPT) - Mike Broussine
- Thinking about Fathers (PPT) - Jem Thomas
- Busting the single narrative (PPT) - Saville Kushner
- Three views of dignity (PPT) - Adrian Vatcher
- What’s in a Name? Social pedagogy and work with young people (PPT) - Billie Oliver
- "All they lack is a chain". The reorganisation of work in the public sector and its impact on employee wellbeing (PPT) - Andy Danford
- Community relations in crisis (PPT) - Hen Wilkinson
- Happiness and well-being in an age of austerity: The existential dilemma (PPT) - Dr Graham Taylor