Members of the Human Resources, Work and Employment research group (HRWE)
- Dr Aykut Berber – Associate Professor in HRM and Management Studies
- Dr Jenny Chen - Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- Professor Hazel Conley – Professor of Human Resource Management
- Lucy Downes – Assistant Support Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- Dr Hilary Drew – Associate Head of Department – Partnerships (BIM)
- Dr Tinkuma Edafioghor - Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- Dr Christina Efthymiadou – Lecturer in International Management
- Sara Fanti
- Professor Hugo Gaggiotti - Professor in Work and Employment Studies
- Dr Frances Galt – Research Fellow
- Dr Stefano Gasparri - Senior Lecturer in Business and Management
- Emily Hill – Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- Dr Amy Humphris - Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- Dr Thor Indridason - Senior Lecturer
- Dr Mahwish Khan – Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- Deborah Kinnear - Senior Lecturer
- Dr Catherine Mackintosh – Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- Dr Helen Mortimore – Subject Associate Head of Department - HRM
- Dr John Neugebauer – Visiting Fellow and Associate Lecturer
- Dr Vanda Papafilippou – Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- Margaret Roberts - Senior Lecturer
- Professor Andrew Rogers – Faculty Academic Director for Student Experience
- Matthew Salter – Senior Lecturer Human Resource Management
- Vlasios Sarantinos
- Andy Stone
- Ceri Vaughan - Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management
- Stella Warren – Research Fellow
- Dr Sarah-Louise Weller – Associate Head of Department (Postgraduate HRM programmes) Programme Leader Msc HRM
The Human Resources, Work and Employment research group (HRWE) has a number of Visiting Research Fellows, working with us on a variety of collaborative research projects:
- Dr Mike Richardson who is a former (retired) employee of UWE Bristol whose areas of expertise include employment relations and labour history.
- Assistant Professor Paula Koskinen-Sandberg from the Aalto University (Finland) with whom Professor Hazel Conley is currently co-editing an international handbook on Gender and Public Sector Employment for Edward Elgar Publishers.
- Professor Tuomo Peltonen (Aalto University) will be visiting for the period from 1 September to 30 October 2022. He will be working with Professor Hugo Gaggiotti on their joint British Academy-Leverhulme funded project "Living in a bubble: Global working communities and insulation in mobile contexts". This research is linked to a special issue of the Journal of Global Mobility and the development of a further research bid.
- Dr Bruna Alvarez, Lecturer at Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (UAB) (Spain), will be visiting from 1 September 2022 to 31 August 2023. During her visit, Dr Alvarez will contribute her expertise on reproductive mobilities and sexual education in the borderlands in the analysis of outputs of Professor Hugo Gaggiotti’s project 'Reducing organisational vulnerability of women: applying organisational research in Mexican-US borderland'. She will also work with Professor Gaggiotti on a potential bid on the employment impact of social freezing. Dr Alvarez will also be invited as a guest lecturer across a number of postgraduate modules.
Human Resources, Work and Employment research group
Undertaking research activity that is oriented towards human resource management and employment from a critical perspective.
Research centres and groups
Browse UWE Bristol's portfolio of research areas, expertise, staff and publications.
You may also be interested in
The Bristol Business School has set up a series of one-to-one online human resources (HR) surgeries to help you take your organisation to the next level.
Continuing professional development
Our business continuing professional development programmes enable professionals and organisations to achieve their goals and exceed their aspirations.