Research themes of the Environmental Law and Sustainability Group
Key research themes
- Biodiversity and nature protection law
- Climate change and security
- Environment and human rights
- Environmental justice and the global south
- Environmental protection, security and armed conflict
- European environmental law
- Natural resources and international economic law
- Sustainable development, resilience and the future
Other themes include water law, renewable energy, extractive industries, sustainable development goals, green economy, rights of nature, neoliberal globalisation, coloniality and climate crisis, and climate change litigation.
Environmental Law and Sustainability Research Group
The Environmental Law and Sustainability Research Group provides a forum for research activity in the field of environmental, sustainability and natural resources law.
Research centres and groups
Browse UWE Bristol's portfolio of research areas, expertise, staff and publications.