About Access West of England (AWE)
AWE carries out Study Needs Assessments for disabled students and applicants undertaking Higher Education courses. The assessment looks at support and strategies to help you succeed on your course.
The assessor will discuss support offered through Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) funding as well as support provided by your institution.
"I am very grateful for the efficient, professional and respectful service that I received and for the expertise of the assessor in being able to identify many potential ways of making my study challenges easier."
Hannah University of Bristol
Why choose AWE?
You can book your assessment with us regardless of where you live or study. You don’t have to be a UWE Bristol student.
Our admin team:
- are friendly and knowledgeable
- will guide you through the whole DSA process
- arrange all bookings and respond quickly to your enquiries.
Our DSA Study Needs Assessors:
- are experienced, professional and welcoming
- have an up-to-date knowledge of specialist technology and strategies
- have a comprehensive understanding of DSAs, inclusive practice and reasonable adjustments.
Remote assessments using video calls or telephone call are available within four working days.
If you've already booked with us, you can sign into the AWE Portal to:
- check your booking details
- complete your pre-assessment form
- upload required documents
- check the progress of your assessment report
- access your report.
AWE can provide Study Needs Assessments at UWE Bristol Frenchay Campus.
Let us know if you have specific access requirements, such as accessible parking or a (British Sign Language (BSL) sign language interpreter.
View our locations and opening hours.
The assessment fee is £600 (no VAT), which your funding body covers. This includes the assessment, the production of your report and any updates you may need throughout your studies. We can also review your needs if you move on to further courses of study.