Philosophy and Politics resources
Food for thought, an inspiring community, and space to grow, engage and connect. It's more than just great facilities that will set you up for success when you choose to study Philosophy or Politics at UWE Bristol.
Our greatest resource has to be people who will open your mind when you join us. Get a taste of how it feels to learn here.
What's waiting for you?
In the School of Philosophy
- International faculty – who share diverse perspectives and open your eyes to new viewpoints.
- A close-knit community – where you can feel comfortable discussing ideas and debating.
In the School of Politics and International Relations
- Alumni speakers - to inspire you and share valuable first-hand perspectives.
- An international student body - we actively welcome international students to reflect the world you'll be working in.
- Employer connections and placements - with working politicians, NGOs and other organisations to foster the kind of connections you’ll need in a political career.
Food for thought
- Film night at Watershed - series of screenings and discussions around films of great philosophical and political significance.
- Academic and non-academic speakers to talk with an audience of students, lecturers, activists, and regular cinema-goers.
Good to know: you can help to organise these sessions, connecting with the wider community and building both employable skills and your own personal network.