Collecting your keys
How to get hold of your keys.
When you arrive, the first thing you’ll need to do is pick up your keys or access card so you can get into your building and room. Here's what you need to know and do.
You can collect your keys from the start of your contract. Log in to our accommodation portal (this has been sent to you by email) to read more about your move in date.
Things you'll need to do
Before you can collect your keys, you need to have:
- Completed our accommodation e-induction training – this has been emailed to you.
- Uploaded your photo to your MyUWE portal
- Paid for your accommodation through the UWE Bristol accommodation portal.
- If you’re a UK student, you need to set up a Direct Debit for your rent payment.
- If you’re an international student, you need to have arranged a recurring card payment, unless you’ve made other arrangements with us.
- On the day, you'll also need to bring photo ID with you – that's your student ID, driving licence or passport.
- Ensure you have evidence of a negative lateral flow test taken within the last 24 hours (both you and person accompanying you).
Important: you'll need to have all this sorted when you arrive – or there could be a delay when you come to collect your keys.
Important information and safety guidance
Please note that due to the current situation with COVID-19, Accommodation Services are following Government guidance in order to protect both students and staff. We would respectfully ask that you read and follow the processes we have put in place for you when collecting your key and moving into your accommodation:
- Please queue outside of Customer Services observing the two-metre distance rule.
- Please only enter Customer Service one at a time.
- Please ensure you are wearing a face covering within any shared areas: Customer Services, accommodation blocks, stairwells and corridors.
- Please sanitise your hands before entering and on leaving Customer Services and your block.
- Please enter Customer Services on your own. No other persons will be permitted into this area with you, they will need to stay with their vehicle.
- Only one other person will be permitted to enter your accommodation with you. They are able to go into your room but should not go into the shared kitchen/communal areas.
- Please do not arrive before the date agreed. Please note not all contract start dates are the same so please check your contract start date.
When and where
Pre-arrival and key collection information for arrivals 23-26 September 2021: