When you arrive

Information for all new students about what to do when you arrive at UWE Bristol.

Get set up on our IT systems

Learn everything you need to know about getting started with our IT systems, including how to connect to the WiFi network, where to find a student computer and who to contact when something isn’t working.

Internet in UWE Bristol accommodation is run slightly differently – find out how to get connected in your accommodation.

Check your timetable

Once you've received your UWE Bristol login details you'll be able to check your timetable after the timetable release date. You'll find your timetable in MYUWE. If you have any problems viewing your timetable, or it hasn't appeared, please follow the self-help guide in InfoHub (you'll need your UWE Bristol login details) or contact an Information Point for help.

Please note that we can't confirm your timetable before the release date.

Keep a note of the term dates for the academic year, and remember that they can differ for some courses.

Explore the campus

There’s lots to see, so spend some time exploring the campus. Look out for the Information Points, Library, catering outlets and The Students’ Union at UWE.

Register with a doctor

Make sure that you register with a doctor, so that you can receive medical care if you need it.

Any student can register with the University Health Centre on Frenchay Campus – you don’t have to live or study at Frenchay. It’s easy to register online.

As a student you may be eligible for free or reduced cost health care treatment, such as NHS prescriptions, NHS dental treatment and sight tests, glasses and contact lenses.You’ll need to complete a HC1 form – pick one up from any Information Point.

Arrange reasonable adjustments

If you’re disabled, including if you have a medical condition, a mental health condition or a specific learning difference (SpLD) and if not done so already, please send your evidence to disability@uwe.ac.uk.

Find out more about support for disabled students.