Arriving at UWE Bristol
How to find your accommodation and what to do when you arrive.
We are looking forward to welcoming you into your new home!
Please note that due to the current situation with COVID-19, Accommodation Services are following Government guidance in order to protect both students and staff. We would respectfully ask that you read and follow the processes we have put in place for you when collecting your key and moving into your accommodation:
- Please queue outside of Customer Services observing the two metre distance rule.
- Please only enter Customer Service areas one at a time.
- Please ensure you are wearing a face covering within any shared areas: Customer Services, accommodation blocks, stairwells and corridors.
- Please sanitise your hands before entering and on leaving Customer Services and your block.
- Please enter Customer Services on your own. No other persons will be permitted into this area with you, they will need to stay with their vehicle.
- Please observe the one-way flow for Customer Services; you will enter from the front of the pavilion and leave from the back.
- Only one other person will be permitted to enter your accommodation with you. They are able to go into your room but should not go into the shared kitchen/communal areas.
- There will not be any public toilets available, please wait to use the facilities in your room.
- On the busiest arrival days there will a removal contractor with a trolley at your block to help you with your belongings (with the exception of Glenside, Carrol Court and Wallscourt Park Houses 001 to 053). They will take your belongings to the landing outside your flat using the lift where necessary. You and your family member/friend must take the stairs, following signage and keeping left and meet them at your flat. Should either of you have any disability/mobility issues and are unable to use the stairs, you may of course, use the lift. Please advise where this will be necessary.
- We will be minimising the number of cars/people that are on site at any one time, however at our peak arrival dates there may be a delay to collect keys or move into your accommodation as we maintain social distancing.
- The first term is only six weeks. Please consider travelling light and bringing essential items only at this stage
- Please do not arrive before the date agreed. Please note not all contract start dates are the same so please check your contract start date.
Where and when
Our accommodation team will be in touch with site-specific arrival information ahead of your arrival including:
- moving in days where you collect your keys
- opening times for key collection.
Then just take a look at our campus maps and information. It's worth looking at the overview info for your accommodation too – there's maps and info about parking to help you plan.
If you’re living in city centre accommodation, our partners Unite Students, Host Students or Collegiate will be in touch directly.
Before you arrive
You will need to:
- complete your E-Induction and ensure you have booked a time slot for your arrival
- complete your Direct Debit
- bring photographic identification (student ID ideally but if you have not received this, your passport or driving licence)
- bring your welcome/student ID number.
Further details will follow nearer to your arrival regarding:
- where to collect your keys
- arriving by car
- what you can expect when you arrive
Any faults or problems
We do our best to make sure your accommodation is in good order when you move in. However, if you experience any problems, or find faults when you first get here, please report them to us through our repairs request system, or by calling +44 (0)117 32 83601 (office hours only). Outside of these hours please contact the Accommodation Customer Service Desk on +44 (0)117 32 86227.
Outside of office hours, please contact your Customer Services which are open every day:
- Cotswold from 07:00–19:00: +44 (0)117 32 86227
- Wallscourt Park from 07:00–19:00: +44 (0)117 32 87364
We’ll deal with problems in order of urgency – less urgent ones may take a little longer to rectify at the start of the academic year.
If you’re living in city centre accommodation, please report any problems to your accommodation reception.
Who will I be living with?
Due to data protection regulation, we can’t give you details of your new flat or housemates. Want to meet your housemates in advance? Search social media for groups connected to your specific accommodation, including our HallsLife Facebook groups - you might find new friends before you even arrive.
Kitchen and bedding starter packs
How is your packing coming along, do you still have things to buy? Why not take the hassle out of buying and transporting your bedding and kitchen items by pre-ordering from UniKitOut.
Choose from a range of essential items which can be delivered directly to your accommodation ready for your arrival. Furthermore, save 10% on your order by adding a UWE10 discount code at checkout.