UK, EU and offshore students - paying your fees
Information on how to pay tuition fees for full and part-time home/EU and offshore students.
Students are being approached by individuals offering to pay their fees at reduced rates or under special conditions. Fraudsters may present themselves as legitimate agencies or associates, they may be a friend. Never respond to these offers and always pay your tuition fees direct to UWE using the authorised payment methods below.
For more information view these leaflets produced by the police in English and Mandarin. If you believe you have been a victim of fraud or have any questions contact UWE Bristol at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students experiencing difficulty making payment should contact credit control at email@example.com.
Ways to pay
After you register and agree to the University's Registration Agreement and Conditions, you will need to make arrangements to pay your tuition fees.
Ways to pay in myUWE
If you are included in online registration, you can access the following methods of payment via the 'Registration' tab in myUWE:
- tuition fee loan/grant from Student Finance (Home, EU full and part-time undergraduate students only)
- direct debit (£250 or more)
- credit/debit card.
Other ways to pay
You can also pay by:
- Cheque – made payable to ‘UWE Bristol’. You must complete the Cheque Payment Form (PDF).
- Other sponsor – view information for if your fees are being paid by an employer or other sponsor.
- UWE Bristol Staff Sponsorship scheme – students who are being funded by a service/faculty within the University must complete the Internal Sponsorship Form (PDF).
- Offshore Authority financial support (Offshore undergraduate students only) -– you will need to make arrangements to pay any balance of fees using the methods outlined above.
Paying in instalments
Our preferred payment option is by direct debit over a three-month or six-month period. However, we do offer a Recurring Card Payment (RCP) option.
Setting up an instalment plan
If you wish to pay in instalments it must be done via direct debit (UK bank account only) or Recurring Card Payment (RCP). The invoice is split equally over three or six months with payment collected on the first of each month. The maximum number of instalments is six months.
The mandates are blank, so the value will show as zero. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your invoice has been raised (after you have completed registration) you will receive an email confirming the payment dates and amounts. The direct debit or RCP will default to the six-month plan, so if you wish to opt for the three-month plan, please let us know.
The three-month plan runs from November to January and the six-month plan runs from November to April. All fees are due in full by 1 April.
The three-month plan runs from March to May and the six-month plan runs from March to August. All fees are due in full by 1 August.
If you’re receiving postgraduate student finance you can set up a direct debit up either through your myUWE portal or our online payment facility. You can then send in your student finance loan approval and payment schedule by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that your payment schedule can be set in accordance with your loan payments.
Direct debit, credit card or bank transfer
You can pay the remaining balance of your tuition fees (after paying your deposit) by direct debit (only available from UK bank account), Recurring Card Payment (RCP), credit/debit card or bank transfer.
Undergraduate students can:
- pay via the 'Registration' tab in myUWE.
Invoices and receipts
If you believe your invoice amount is wrong or a scholarship/discount hasn’t been applied you will need to contact the Student Administration Team for your college.
- Faculty of Business and Law at email@example.com
- Faculty of Environment and Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences at email@example.com
- Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your invoice is for the full amount but you have paid a deposit there is no need to do anything. The invoice is for the full amount of the fees as this is what your course costs, however, you will only be expected to pay the remaining balance, and this will be reflected on your myUWE portal.
Paying without an invoice
In your myUWE portal, payments tab, you can select “pay on account” which will allow you to pay any amount that you require. This will then be allocated as a credit to your account and we will match it to your invoice accordingly once it has been raised. Please also send an email to our Credit Control department explaining what the payment is for and to ensure they don’t issue a refund on it. Their email is email@example.com.
Unfortunately, we can only provide a tuition fee receipt once the tuition fee has been paid in full, as we do not have the capacity to provide receipts for individual payments. If the payment was made online, the person who made the payment will have received an automatic receipt via email. Direct debit payments will show on your bank account as evidence of payment.
Your accommodation deposit should have been made online, in which case you (or the person making the payment) will have received an automatic receipt via email. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to provide a receipt in any other format.
Contact the Income Office
The Income Office is currently open for appointments only Monday to Friday between 10:00–15:00. Appointments can be made via InfoHub (login required).
University of the West of England
Bristol BS16 1QY
Tel: +44 (0)117 32 87888 (open during office hours)
Contact us by email
- For queries relating to setting up direct debits online and for payment related queries, email us quoting your student number at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For security reasons please do not quote your credit/debit card number or bank details in an email.
- For queries relating to an outstanding balance to the University, if you are unable to pay for your fees or if you are due a refund email us at email@example.com.
- If you are an applicant joining us for a September or January intake and have a query not related to your payment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.