Your application timeline
Get ready. Your ambitions are about to get real. Make sure you don’t miss a step – check out our month-by-month guide to your application journey.
- Thursday 20 May – If you applied by 15 January and you are still waiting, universities will decide whether they are making an offer by today (otherwise UCAS will reject the application on their behalf). You will then be given a deadline by UCAS to make your decision. Check this in UCAS Track.
Thursday 10 June – If you receive all your uni/college decisions by 20 May, you must reply to any offers by today (except if you are using Extra to find a place), otherwise they’ll be declined.
Wednesday 30 June – This is the last day you can apply to university for 2020 entry before Clearing begins. If you send your first application (not UCAS Extra) to UCAS by 18:00, they'll send it to your chosen university. After this date, you enter Clearing.
- Sunday 4 July – Last date to apply in UCAS Extra.
- Monday 5 July – Clearing opens for applications if you already have your results.
- Tuesday 13 July – If you applied by 30 June and you’re still awaiting a decision from any of your choices, universities have until 13 July to decide whether they’re making you an offer (including Extra choices).
- Tuesday 10 August – A-level results day. Fingers crossed you got the grades you’re hoping for. If not, don’t panic – there are options including Clearing. We will confirm our decision by email.
- Clearing – If you haven't met your first or insurance choice grades you can enter Clearing and contact universities for vacancies. If you've met or exceeded your grades you may be eligible for Adjustment and have five calendar days to find an alternative place.
- Once your place is confirmed and you have completed all admissions requirements you'll receive your username so you can register online.