Information for sixth form and college staff
Guidance for registering your students for Higher Passport Plus.
All applicants must be registered before receiving an offer from UWE Bristol. Only HHP Plus partners can register new applicants.
Before you register a learner:
- Do they have the potential to succeed at foundation or honours degree level?
- Do they meet one or more of the scheme’s widening participation eligibility criteria?
- Do they have the minimum academic requirements for the UWE Bristol course they have applied for?
- This may include required subjects or grades at A-Level/BTEC, GCSE subjects and grades.
- Please check expected grades are within 16 UCAS tariff points of the published entry requirements on UWE Bristol website. See our courses pages for details.
- Has the student demonstrated evidence of their reflective learning for 3 mandatory and 4 optional HHP Plus experiences to your satisfaction?
- Has the learner given their consent to be registered as an HHP Plus Applicant with UWE Bristol?
Once you have confirmed the above, please register applicants as close as possible to the date they submit their UCAS application.
- To guarantee HHP Plus benefits, learners must be registered by the January UCAS deadline.
- Registrations are possible after the UCAS January deadline; however, applicants must be registered before receiving an offer from UWE Bristol. HHP Plus benefits are not guaranteed.
- Registrations after 1 April are only possible due to personal circumstances (formerly called extenuating circumstances). Email email@example.com for advice.
Please note: HHP Plus registration is not possible for:
- UWE Bristol applications via UCAS Extra, after the end of June, or through Clearing.
- Students who have a firm or insurance offer from UWE Bristol after results have been published in August.