Employing graduate and student interns
UWE Bristol graduate and student interns offer your business a great deal, without the commitment of a new permanent employee.
You get subsidised student or graduate talent that’s committed and industry-ready, ready to meet to your individual business requirements.
Internships at a glance
- Student internships are flexible placements outside of study – so your intern will be fully committed to your business.
- Student interns are available over the summer break, mid-May to mid-September.
- Graduate internships take place after study is finished, so offer more flexibility in duration and availability.
- You’ll get help with specific business needs from a capable, enthusiastic intern with up-to-date skills and knowledge.
- You run the recruitment process and we can advertise your opportunity.
- The internships run for eight weeks (full-time) and 16 weeks (part-time).
- We subsidise the cost of each intern (although funding is limited), though you’ll need to contribute to the overall cost.
Our internship schemes are open to small and medium-sized enterprises (SME’s), start-ups and charities. We offer a subsidy to employ one of our talented students and can help boost your business with up-to-date industry knowledge and provide our students with fulfilling and essential work experience.
The UWE Bristol Undergraduate Internship Scheme is for employers who wish to recruit a student for an eight-week summer project. It offers recruiters up to £2,000 funding.
International student internships
The UWE Bristol International Talent Internship Scheme is for employers who wish to recruit international undergraduate students on a fixed-term, part-time basis for 74 hours. It offers recruiters £703 funding.
Strive Internship Scheme
A four-week internship scheme for UK domicile black, Asian and minority ethnic students.
Why do we help with funding?
UWE Bristol believes interns should earn a fair living wage. This is because we feel that internships are a valuable opportunity, and should be open to students from all backgrounds – not just the lucky ones with financial backing.
We are also keen to encourage a diverse spectrum of employers to participate, from large corporates to small and medium-sized businesses, so our students can gain relevant work experience in their chosen industry. For these reasons, we part-fund your intern’s salary, though you’ll also need to contribute.
You may also be interested in
Higher and degree apprenticeships
Information for students about the higher and degree apprenticeships offered at UWE Bristol.
Employing placement students
Discover how much UWE Bristol placement students can offer, from sandwich year placements to shorter project-specific skill-boosts.
Find out more about UWE Bristol's international talent programme, which provides access to over 4,000 motivated and talented international students from over 100 countries
UWE Bristol graduates really work for business. Employers tell us they’re more industry-ready than others they’ve welcomed into the workplace.