Transform your business
A Partnership PhD bridges the gap between organisations and universities. It will enable your organisation to gain access to cutting-edge, real-world research that can help it to transform.
The partnership is there to establish a relationship between your organisation and UWE Bristol, based on a specific project that is mutually beneficial.
How it works
- The researcher, whilst registered as a PhD student at UWE Bristol, will work extensively with you, including time at your organisation if appropriate. They will have access to the University’s excellent research training and facilities.
- Partnership PhD students can incorporate written research outputs into their final thesis – outputs useful for your organisation can be an integral part of the process.
- You can supply supervisors who will also be able to access UWE Bristol’s training.
Partnership PhDs typically cost £22,000-£25,000 per year based on a number of factors, including whether the researcher will be working in the University’s specialist facilities.
Your organisation is required to make a contribution to the costs, based on size and financial strength.
- Charity/third sector: 25%
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)/government agency: 50%
- Large organisation: 75%
The benefits to your organisation include:
- access to cutting-edge research
- co-funding from UWE Bristol
- access to innovation and a new focus
- research tailored to suit your needs
- PhD researcher working fully with your organisation
- opportunity to choose research project
- flexible funding contribution depending on financial strength
- promotion of your company’s diverse learning agenda.
Make an enquiry
Funding is currently available for partnership PhDs starting in January 2022 and the application deadline is 1 July 2021.
UWE Bristol also provides part-time PhD registration, a variety of Masters-level research qualifications and professional doctorate programmes.