Help to Grow: Management
Help to Grow: Management is a 12-week practical management training programme designed to support senior managers of small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) to boost performance, resilience, and long-term growth.
Facilitated by small business experts from the Bristol Business School at UWE Bristol, Help to Grow: Management offers short, focused sessions to allow you to complete the course alongside running your business. The programme combines online sessions with face-to-face learning, alongside peer support and mentoring.
Help to Grow: Management is 90% subsidised by the Government. Participants pay a £750 fee.
The curriculum features:
- eight facilitated sessions, each one lasting two hours and delivered online
- four practical, face-to-face case study workshops
- ten hours of one-to-one support from a mentor with experience of running a business, providing you with personalised support to develop your own business growth plan
- one-to-one support from a mentor, providing you with personalised support to develop your business growth plan
- peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events.
Key areas of leadership featured
- Strategy and innovation
- Digital adoption
- Internationalisation and winning new markets
- Building a brand
- Developing a marketing strategy
- Vision, mission and values
- Organisational design
- Employee engagement and leading change
- High performance workplace
- Implementing growth plans
- Finance and financial management
- Efficient operations
If you would like further information of the Help to Grow: Management Course, please see the programme brochure (PDF).
Your business must:
- be a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- be from any business sector, employing between 5 and 249 people
- have been operational for at least one year
- not be a charity.
You must be a senior decision maker, such as Chief Executive, Finance Director or Operations Director. If your business employs between 10-249 people, please note that you can send up to two participants on the course.
How to take part
UWE Bristol will deliver Help to Grow: Management programmes in the South West of England. Our courses are aimed at businesses in the following areas:
- South West ‘North’, comprising: Gloucestershire; Swindon and Wiltshire; North Somerset and the West of England Combined Authority area (Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire)
- South West Peninsula: Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset
The following dates are currently available to book:
Once registered, you will be sent a link to make payment via UWE Bristol's secure Online Store (please note this may take up to two working days). 90% of the cost is funded by the Government and the remaining cost to businesses is only £750.
To register your interest in Help to Grow: Management, please visit our enquiry page.
You can find out more about the programme on the Small Business Charter website.
You can also contact the Help to Grow team at email@example.com.
"It was a busy 12 weeks with a fair few late nights, but I came away with incredible new skills, experiences and a solid plan to guide us on our next phase of growth at Systemagic Ltd."
Fiona Major Operations Director at Systemagic Ltd
"The mentoring sessions were a great way to take the entire course material, distil down what I found most relevant to Renewable Exchange and then turn these into actionable changes. It's a great programme and you've got a great chance of getting some real success out of it."
Rob Ogden Founder and CEO of Renewable Exchange