Help to Grow: Management
Help to Grow: Management is a 12-week practical management training programme designed to support senior managers of small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) to boost performance, resilience, and long-term growth.
Facilitated by small business experts from the Bristol Business School at UWE Bristol, Help to Grow: Management offers short, focused sessions to allow you to complete the course alongside running your business. The programme combines online sessions with face-to-face learning, alongside peer support and mentoring.
Help to Grow: Management is 90% subsidised by the Government. Participants pay a £750 fee.
The curriculum features:
- eight facilitated sessions, each one lasting two hours and delivered online
- four practical, face-to-face case study workshops
- ten hours of one-to-one support from a mentor with experience of running a business, providing you with personalised support to develop your own business growth plan
- peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events.
Key areas of leadership featured
- Strategy and innovation
- Digital adoption
- Internationalisation and winning new markets
- Building a brand
- Developing a marketing strategy
- Vision, mission and values
- Organisational design
- Employee engagement and leading change
- High performance workplace
- Implementing growth plans
- Finance and financial management
- Efficient operations
If you would like further information of the Help to Grow: Management Course, please see the programme brochure (PDF).
Your business must:
- be a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- be from any business sector, employing between 5 and 249 people
- have been operational for at least one year
- not be a charity.
You must be a senior decision maker, such as Chief Executive, Finance Director or Operations Director. If your business employs between 10-249 people, please note that you can send up to two participants on the course.
Meet Ross, Managing Director of Bear Industrial Engineering Ltd
Find out how the Help To Grow: Management course has enhanced Ross' understanding and application of business concepts to grow his business.
How to take part
UWE Bristol will deliver Help to Grow: Management programmes in the South West of England. Our courses are aimed at businesses in the following areas:
- South West ‘North’, comprising: Gloucestershire; Swindon and Wiltshire; North Somerset and the West of England Combined Authority area (Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire)
- South West Peninsula: Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset
The following dates are currently available to book:
Further dates are due to be added soon, including courses with face-to-face sessions in Bristol and Trowbridge. Please get in touch via our enquiry page for further information.
Once registered, you will be sent a link to make payment via UWE Bristol's secure Online Store (please note this may take up to two working days). 90% of the cost is funded by the Government and the remaining cost to businesses is only £750.
To register your interest in Help to Grow: Management, please visit our enquiry page.
You can find out more about the programme on the Small Business Charter website.
You can also contact the Help to Grow team at email@example.com.
"It was a busy 12 weeks with a fair few late nights, but I came away with incredible new skills, experiences and a solid plan to guide us on our next phase of growth at Systemagic Ltd."
Fiona Major Operations Director at Systemagic Ltd
"The mentoring sessions were a great way to take the entire course material, distil down what I found most relevant to Renewable Exchange and then turn these into actionable changes. It's a great programme and you've got a great chance of getting some real success out of it."
Rob Ogden Founder and CEO of Renewable Exchange