Bristol Business School partnerships and accreditations
National and international partnerships within our Bristol Business School ensure you gain valuable business experience whilst completing your studies.
For today's graduates it is essential to possess inter-cultural competencies and the ability to work across cultures and societies. Bristol Business School provides a diverse and inclusive learning environment that enables all of our students to learn with, and from, those from different backgrounds and cultures.We are also proud of the work that we do with strategic international partners to promote high quality education in a range of countries.
Key strategic international partners with whom we run collaborative programmes in partnership include:
- Taylor’s University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- National Economics University (NEU), Hanoi, Vietnam
- International University – Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam
- Banking Academy, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Villa College, The Maldives
- Bristol Institute of Business and Management, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- The British College, Kathmandu, Nepal
We also work with a wide range of international partners to provide opportunities for their students to study with us in Bristol and/or for UK-based students to study abroad. These partners include:
- Guangdong University of Finance, China
- HELP University, Malaysia
- INTI International University, Malaysia
- Montpelier Business School
- Rangsit University, Thailand
- Renmin University, China
- University of Monterrey, Mexico
- University of Texas at El Paso, USA
- Tian Fu College of Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, China
We collaborate with both private and public sector organisations through research, knowledge exchange and our courses. This is key to knowledge sharing, research and developing courses that produce students with practical skills beneficial to employers.
We have a number of key partnerships with:
- NHS (National Health Service) – we have actively worked with the NHS to deliver leadership conferences.
- Space Engineering Services Ltd – we have worked with Space Engineering to help develop their people management policies.
- Cycling England – monies were awarded to Bristol and South Gloucestershire Councils to double its cycling levels in the city within four years and we are working with the councils to help in this endeavour.
- Veale Wasbrough Vizards – this project involves investigating the governance, scope, scale and strategy of first generation family businesses.
- Lidl UK – by working with our Placement Scheme Lidl provide our undergraduate students a year’s work placement experience.
- Deloitte Digital – programme sponsor for the MSc Financial Technology, providing extensive support for practice led learning, collaborative projects and joint research.
- DAC Beachcroft – lead the employer support group for the MSc Risk Management and Insurance , facilitating industry input into teaching and collaborative research and projects.
"We’ve built a robust relationship with UWE Bristol lecturers and course director leads. This is complemented through our seat on the UWE Bristol Board, where we help to shape discussions for course content and direction. As an employer, we look to add value by ensuring the courses provide a ‘true to life’ perspective for students."
Caron Ricciardi Senior Business Development Manager, Lloyds Banking Group
Accreditations and links with professional bodies
Accreditation and active relationships with professional bodies is important to delivering relevant business courses.
- Chartered Institute of Professional Development (CIPD)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) - Bristol Business School is an ILM approved centre that offers different levels of coaching and mentoring courses.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- European Foundation of Management Development
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- EFMD Programme Accreditation System (EPAS)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
We have strong links with a number of professional and accrediting bodies:
- Association of Business Schools
- Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Institute of Direct Marketing
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Confederation of British Industry
- Institute of Directors
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Business West
Business and Management Advisory Board
The role of the Board is to keep us close to business and their employment needs to ensure students meet the needs of employers and we build strong national and international partnerships.
Our regional business leaders will use their leadership experience to look at how Bristol Business School (BBS) and the Bristol Business School building can serve the needs of our region and its economy.
As a result, we can grow our international reputation in business and law and our provision will continue to create employable graduates.
Meet the board
Business leaders from our region's financial, commercial, legal, public and health sectors are represented on the panel.
In 2015, Paul became a UWE Bristol Honorary Business Fellow and joined the Business and Management Advisory Board to promote business ready graduates for Small and Medium Enterprises. He created a company at 24, which has survived many economic phases.
Responsible for overseeing development and implementation of new apprenticeships in Healthcare, working with The Institute for Apprenticeships and the Department of Health. An Executive Coach and Organisation Development Specialist, and a Registered Nurse, by background.
Community of Purpose exists to increase sports participation and support socially excluded groups access services so young people can realise their potential. Amy has been involved in using sport for social change in Bristol since 1998 and also runs the agency Purposeful Insight.
Rob Law MBE
Rob created the much loved ride-on suitcase for tots. He was famously rejected from BBC Dragons Den in 2006. Since launching that same year his company has sold over 4 million Trunki's in over 100 countries, won SME of the year at the national business awards and published a book about being resilient: 65 Roses and Trunki, Defying the Odds in Life and Business.
Yves led the European IT department of a worldwide paper merchant for 10 years. Now he is a crowdfunding academic, researching the phenomenon as part of his PhD. His focus is the story-telling element of crowdfunding, in particular the interplay between text and video of the campaign pitch.
Donna joined We The Curious in 2000. Her experience in the Bristol Business School building during her Master of Business Administration inspired her continued involvement with us. Donna is a Board member of the Association of Science and Discovery Centres.
Director, Linthar Consulting
Catriona was Director at KPMG advising public and private organisations on their efficiency and effectiveness. Projects ranged from market analysis, sales and marketing strategy and implementation, systems design and roll out, and relationship management. Catriona then set up Linthar Consulting to work closer to organisations and apply her experience.
Head of Department for Business and Management, UWE Bristol
Patricia is a specialist in Human Resource Management (HRM) having worked internationally and nationally. Her interests are in people management in public and not-for-profit organisations. She has experience in learning and teaching HRM taught at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
European Director - Sustainability and Stakeholder Outreach, APP
A highly successful Director with 25+ years’ experience and a proven track record covering marketing, public relations, public affairs, communications and sustainability, for leading global paper and packaging companies. Skilled at developing overall strategy, international teams, stakeholder engagement and core projects with renowned thought leaders, representing international brands. Liz is also visiting professor in International Management and Sustainability.