Responsible for academic governance, academic standards and quality of the student experience.
Members and composition
The Academic Board is made up of a mix of executive and non-executive staff drawn from across the University.
- Vice-Chancellor (Chair)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost (Deputy Chair)
- Registrar and Pro Vice-Chancellor Student Experience
- Pro Vice-Chancellor Research
- Pro Vice-Chancellor Heads of College (three)
- Head of the Doctoral Academy
- Representative Heads of School (three; one per college)
- Vice-Chancellor's nominees:
- Representative College Dean for Learning and Teaching (rotated annually)
- Representative College Dean for Research and Knowledge Exchange (rotated annually)
- Representative Professors (three; one per college)
- Representative from those with responsibility for learning and teaching management (three; one per college)
- Representative from teaching staff (three; one per college)
- Representative from professional services (one)
- Representative from technical staff (one)
Appointed by The Students' Union
- President of The Students’ Union at UWE Bristol
- Vice-President of The Students’ Union at UWE Bristol, on the nomination of The Students’ Union President (one; normally the Vice President Education)
- Student Representatives (four; normally two undergraduate, one postgraduate taught, one postgraduate research)
The membership can also include up to two co-opted members. Co-opted members are appointed by the Board in consultation with the Chair. Co-opted members have voting rights.
Other staff in attendance
- Deputy Registrar
- Director of Library, Careers and Inclusivity
- Director of Future Students, Communications and Marketing
- Chief Information Officer
- Secretary and Officer of Academic Board
- Clerk and Deputy Clerk of the Board of Governors
A member of the Board of Governors will observe the meeting.